Pre-Order Thread

1621522589488.png

tom-petty-angel-dream-songs-from-the-motion-picture-shes-the-one

Tom Petty

Angel Dream (Songs From The Motion Picture “She’s The One”)​

ROCK​

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of She’s The One, we are releasing a remixed, remastered and re-imagined version of this album. The original album included several songs that were left off the original Wildflowers album (recently included as the All The Rest disc in the Wildflowers & All The Rest re-issue), so this re-release is an appropriate ending to the campaign celebrating the Wildflowers-era.

Ryan Ulyate (Tom’s long time engineer and producer) has remixed the audio, and the song selection is designed to work as a Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers album, rather than a soundtrack album. Four unreleased tracks have been added; the rocker “105 Degrees” (written by Petty), a cover of JJ Cale’s “Thirteen Days”, “One of Life’s Little Mysteries” (another Petty original), and an instrumental (“French Disconnection”) in the same vein as the instrumentals on the original album. An extended version of “Supernatural Radio” is also included.

The new title is a reference to one of the stand-out tracks on the album, for which there will be a video. The new album will have brand new artwork, and this version will replace the existing physical versions of She’s The One, although the original release will remain on the DSP’s [in addition to Angel Dream (Songs From The Motion Picture “She’s The One”) being available digitally (streaming and download)].

1621525733316.png

1621525742406.png

tom-petty-angel-dream-songs-from-the-motion-picture-shes-the-one

Tom Petty

Angel Dream (Songs From The Motion Picture “She’s The One”)​

ROCK​

To celebrate the 25th anniversary of the release of She’s The One, we are releasing a remixed, remastered and re-imagined version of this album. The original album included several songs that were left off the original Wildflowers album (recently included as the All The Rest disc in the Wildflowers & All The Rest re-issue), so this re-release is an appropriate ending to the campaign celebrating the Wildflowers-era.

Ryan Ulyate (Tom’s long time engineer and producer) has remixed the audio, and the song selection is designed to work as a Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers album, rather than a soundtrack album. Four unreleased tracks have been added; the rocker “105 Degrees” (written by Petty), a cover of JJ Cale’s “Thirteen Days”, “One of Life’s Little Mysteries” (another Petty original), and an instrumental (“French Disconnection”) in the same vein as the instrumentals on the original album. An extended version of “Supernatural Radio” is also included.

The new title is a reference to one of the stand-out tracks on the album, for which there will be a video. The new album will have brand new artwork, and this version will replace the existing physical versions of She’s The One, although the original release will remain on the DSP’s [in addition to Angel Dream (Songs From The Motion Picture “She’s The One”) being available digitally (streaming and download)].

Can we TALK about this cover art? Oh my god.

Japanese jazz reissues by Production Dessinée and Superfly Records. I can't find any other information except on Japanese website and translation isn't the best. We should lezrn more once Superfly makes an announcement.

Takeru Muraoka Quartet ‎– Takeru :

Masabumi Kikuchi Quintet ‎– End For The Beginning :

They have a song up on Youtube. I haven't listened to this album for years so have no idea if it sounds any different.

Here's a blurb about Muse from Facebook. It seems exactly like what My Morning Jacket did with It Still Moves.

View attachment 99993
ah shit. I think after listening to this song I'm going to need this pressing for purely nostalgia purposes. I was OBSESSED with Muse circa 2007-2009. This is their best album too.
View attachment 100005

View attachment 100006
Wow $16 for this album is a steal! Anyone looking to blind buy something today. It's this.

I hope this reissue means they get around to reissuing "I Wanna Go Home" which is their best album IMO

They have a song up on Youtube. I haven't listened to this album for years so have no idea if it sounds any different.

Gave a back to back headphones listen with the original. Some observations: The guitar and bass are a lot fuller which kind of makes the vocals sound lower in the mix. The cleaner guitar during the 2nd verse and before the outro sounds completely different. It's not as compressed and panned. I actually like that change. All of the crazy flanger effect during the outro is gone. It was a bit overdone on the original but I wish they kept it and just toned it down a bit. It's going to make the transition to "Micro Cuts" feel very different.

Turntable Lab is doing a Freddie Gibbs Alfredo exclusive. It was previewed in their newsletter that just came in my email box. Clear with an alfredo cream sauce color spilled on it.

Not sure if anyone is interested but there are some Yoshiko Sai reissues planned for July. She's a youtube discovery for me - somewhere between Japanese Folk / Psych Rock and I have been looking to get her album Mangekyou but haven't found. Its still super expensive at $50 due to import price but... im wiling to bite the bullet

Im actually also contemplating this boxset. I particularly want the album above but honestly all her stuff is amazing...

Not sure if anyone is interested but there are some Yoshiko Sai reissues planned for July. She's a youtube discovery for me - somewhere between Japanese Folk / Psych Rock and I have been looking to get her album Mangekyou but haven't found. Its still super expensive at $50 due to import price but... im wiling to bite the bullet

Im actually also contemplating this boxset. I particularly want the album above but honestly all her stuff is amazing...

This is really nice. Thanks for posting.

Back