Pre-Order Thread

I don't think I saw this anywhere here but Revolver still has preorders up for its Pantera reissue bundles on splatter vinyl with the commemorative 100pg book:

Yup, they have special editions all of their LPs up but they are pretty pricey $45 a pop. I am hoping a standard pressings of each will be released around the same time. I am looking to grab Far Beyond Driven (without the terrible Rhino alternate artwork) and maybe Cowboys From Hell.

Yup, they have special editions all of their LPs up but they are pretty pricey $45 a pop. I am hoping a standard pressings of each will be released around the same time. I am looking to grab Far Beyond Driven (without the terrible Rhino alternate artwork) and maybe Cowboys From Hell.
Is it Rhino’s alternate artwork? Every LP on discogs (minus South Korea) has the same artwork.

Is it Rhino’s alternate artwork? Every LP on discogs (minus South Korea) has the same artwork.
A thousand apologies if my reply was confusing, this was Pantera’s terrible originally planned artwork, the label balked and they instead issue the album with the artwork most are familiar with, which appears to be photo negative of a drill bit boring a hole through a human skull. This...
CC8A197E-F4C7-4420-9564-2D51A8A19705.jpeg
The other artwork that was not approved by the label, that instead shows a much larger drill sodomizing some unfortunately soul. This...
EFCD1152-3723-4AAA-AEA5-BDC65451BCAE.jpeg
was later included on some reissues of the album’s vinyl release, this included the most prevalent reissue in the US and Europe produced by the record label, Rhino.

I hope this additional explanation eliminates any confusion my original reply may have caused. If anyone needs me I will be drilling a hole through my skull as penance. Thank you.

'gazey debut EP (4 tracks, single-sided 12") from Seattle's Shine is out this April.

I just picked up a Cowboys From Hell Rhino reissue for $24 on Musicians Friend's eBay page. They are doing free shipping if you buy two items so I grabbed a cool Ludwig drums t-shirt to trigger the promo. Doubt I will ever find a cheaper copy

A thousand apologies if my reply was confusing, this was Pantera’s terrible originally planned artwork, the label balked and they instead issue the album with the artwork most are familiar with, which appears to be photo negative of a drill bit boring a hole through a human skull. This...
View attachment 90755
The other artwork that was not approved by the label, that instead shows a much larger drill sodomizing some unfortunately soul. This...
was later included on some reissues of the album’s vinyl release, this included the most prevalent reissue in the US and Europe produced by the record label, Rhino.

I hope this additional explanation eliminates any confusion my original reply may have caused. If anyone needs me I will be drilling a hole through my skull as penance. Thank you.
Thanks for the background, definitely had no idea and at first glance I was like "no way that's a drill going into a....backside"... unsettling to say the least but I guess this is Pantera after all. What's their lead singer been up to lately? I remember him being a pretty shitty dude overall but haven't heard of him making any big media splashes in the past few years or so.

Thanks for the background, definitely had no idea and at first glance I was like "no way that's a drill going into a....backside"... unsettling to say the least but I guess this is Pantera after all. What's their lead singer been up to lately? I remember him being a pretty shitty dude overall but haven't heard of him making any big media splashes in the past few years or so.
Yeah, Phil has has done and said plenty of bone-headed things. Here is a RS article about it from 2016...

Any canucks order direct from Intervention? What is the cost of their shipping like? If reasonable might pre-order this and The Church (even though I am pissed that they stuck bonus tracks at the end of side 3) @Turbo @Mather @Urbs_hott
Not a Canuck but from what I recall, shipping to Canada is kinda insane.

Back