Pre-Order Thread

Yes, Van Morrison has a reputation for being difficult. His anti-lockdown bs is just the latest.
Van's 1968-1974 output are some of my favorite albums. Astral Weeks and Moondance are all time favs for me. I don't think Van's recent anti-lockdown stuff is completely cancellable but it's soured him a lot in my eyes. I won't be buying anything he does and I probably won't see him live if I have the chance to. Prior to 2020 I may have, although he'd easily charge $100+ ticket which probably isn't worth it.

Not sure if this has been posted, but seems like Craft is reissuing The Violent Femmes - Add It Up on vinyl in May.
Rad, I am not usually one for Greatest Hits but this greatest hits album was my introduction to The Femms back in Middle School. I love the Tracks “American Music”, “Waitng For The Bus”, “Fall Out The Window”, “Dance Mother Fucker Dance”, but I doubt I would ever purchase any of their LPs outside of their first two. So this would be something I would be really interested in.

Rad, I am not usually one for Greatest Hits but this greatest hits album was my introduction to The Femms back in Middle School. I love the Tracks “American Music”, “Waitng For The Bus”, “Fall Out The Window”, “Dance Mother Fucker Dance”, but I doubt I would ever purchase any of their LPs outside of their first two. So this would be something I would be really interested in.
It’s a great mix of songs! I would highly encourage people to spend more time with Why do Birds Sing? My favorite femmes album goes back and forth between it and s/t pretty often.

The first six tracks are the best run of songs in their discography and even the later tracks are such earworms. Just listened to Lack of Knowledge this morning and I already know “read read read read read read everything you can read” will be in my head all day.

Last edited:

Some info here: girl in red Details Debut Album, Shares New Song “Serotonin”

If I remember will try to tag you when I see more info about it! I'm glad Craft is doing it--they do some pretty solid reissues and usually prices aren't too bad and they are available in lots of different places.

1614789100673.png

1614789168466.png

View attachment 90295

View attachment 90296

Oh man, MMB were one of my favorites. Saw them a few years back and they were still pretty killer, but do I need a new album from them?

Oh man, MMB were one of my favorites. Saw them a few years back and they were still pretty killer, but do I need a new album from them?

Nothing will beat their Mid 90's, Late 90's stuff. I still think Question The Answers is my favorite of theirs. Can we also get a repressing of this? One of the best live records.

1614789901601.png?

1614790615747.png

Highly recommended

Godspeed You! Black Emperor - G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END!

FUCK. YES.

Free US shipping is sick.

Friday is a bandcamp friday, right?

Since the Godspeed doesn't appear to be limited, I'll wait a couple days and throw the artist a few more bucks.

Pitchfork suggests that there will be a "lavish vinyl package" available from "independent stores".
Not sure if that is the same as the 180G+10" available on Bandcamp or not.

Last edited:
Nothing will beat their Mid 90's, Late 90's stuff. I still think Question The Answers is my favorite of theirs. Can we also get a repressing of this? One of the best live records.

View attachment 90297?

I need a copy of More Noise and other Disturbances

Wanna see a 47 year old joyfully lose his shit and start bounding around the room?
Drop the needle on Dr. D.

Pitchfork suggests that there will be a "lavish vinyl package" available from "independent stores".
Not sure if that is the same as the 180G+10" available on Bandcamp or not.

I would guess its the same thing as they've never done more than the standard black in the past.

Id assume the "lavish vinyl package" is just speaking towards "+ 10” pressed at Optimal (DE) in gatefold jacket w/thermographic print, colour flood interior, artworked inners, DL card." Which is part of the bandcamp description

I would guess its the same thing as they've never done more than the standard black in the past.

Id assume the "lavish vinyl package" is just speaking towards "+ 10” pressed at Optimal (DE) in gatefold jacket w/thermographic print, colour flood interior, artworked inners, DL card." Which is part of the bandcamp description
Makes sense.
I like buying from Bandcamp or directly from the artist themselves, when I can, anyway.

1614797740699.png

1614798673083.png

Available April 30th. Shipping begins week of April 19th. Pre-order includes:

• Exclusive 10" featuring two additional songs not available on the LP: "El Ghaba" and "Hamdouchia".
  • LPs with "Sahara Dune" colored vinyl.
  • Both the 10" and color vinyl LPs are limited to 500 worldwide.

View attachment 90321

Available April 30th. Shipping begins week of April 19th. Pre-order includes:

• Exclusive 10" featuring two additional songs not available on the LP: "El Ghaba" and "Hamdouchia".
  • LPs with "Sahara Dune" colored vinyl.
  • Both the 10" and color vinyl LPs are limited to 500 worldwide.

Last week I did pretty good on holding off on preorders. This week. Not so much. :)

Back