Pre-Order Thread

not really a st. vincent fan at all, that said tho, this album cover is definitely much better than that thing from 2017 lol.

also, a good quality album title right there 👌

Last edited:
This is nice to hear. I do not understand blind buying, at all. Even though a first single only would still constitute as a blind buy 😀
can always cancel a preorder easily. half of these are signed as well from Good Records, so if it's an artist you love, it makes sense to blind buy sometimes! i hardly ever do it anymore but there are a handful of artists I'll blind buy from and support.

can always cancel a preorder easily. half of these are signed as well from Good Records, so if it's an artist you love, it makes sense to blind buy sometimes! i hardly ever do it anymore but there are a handful of artists I'll blind buy from and support.
I realize I have stumbled upon entirely the wrong thread for what I was spouting. Allow me to back away slowly.

I realize I have stumbled upon entirely the wrong thread for what I was spouting. Allow me to back away slowly.
Haha I totally get where you’re coming from though. I try to pick and choose wisely about what I buy early that’s a new release.

That said, I'd bet that the Good Records one, at least, will still be available at 8 am tomorrow when the single drops....along with whatever other varients are yet to be revealed.

Since I'm not a variant collector, albums with tons of variants decrease FOMO tremendously for me, and I'm thankful for that.

I really can't imagine what it's like to collect variants these days as there seems to be an uptick in variants in general during pandemic times. Which is fine, I'm happy that artists, independent stores, labels have a way to get more money before touring returns.

So I'll sit back on St. Vincent, wait for the single to see if I'm interested, then see which of the probably 12 variants looks nice, or comes with a notepad, and get me some sexy waxy music.

Last edited:
This is nice to hear. I do not understand blind buying, at all. Even though a first single only would still constitute as a blind buy 😀
I mean there are artists I trust implicitly, like Punch Brothers for example. I thought All Ashore was disappointing. That being said it was still my most listened to album of 2019 and it was only disappointing coming off the high of Phosphorescent Blues.

I’m also pretty damn adventurous and blind buy a lot of stuff. There are certain calculations taken in to account though. Colemine has yet to disappoint me. If @Crabbers or @Twentytwo feels the need to recommend something to me it’s probably up my alley.

but you know ymmv.

Cheaper than her official store after shipping and taxes.

Tough decisions. I pre-ordered the indie variant from Bullmoose shortly after midnight, ordered the VMP one (probably my favorite variant), and got the Good records exclusive to go for the Autograph.

I'll likely cancel the Bullmoose one, and sell the Good Records one. Just wish another one had the tip on cover besides her store.

Really regretting selling my VMP exclusive of her self-titled last year when I had to make some kallax space, especially since my wife recently agreed to let me upgrade to a 5x5 (something I never thought would happen)

1614864367604.jpeg

Tough decisions. I pre-ordered the indie variant from Bullmoose shortly after midnight, ordered the VMP one (probably my favorite variant), and got the Good records exclusive to go for the Autograph.

I'll likely cancel the Bullmoose one, and sell the Good Records one. Just wish another one had the tip on cover besides her store.

Really regretting selling my VMP exclusive of her self-titled last year when I had to make some kallax space, especially since my wife recently agreed to let me upgrade to a 5x5 (something I never thought would happen)
I like the VMP variant as well but I hate the fact that it won't ship before mid June 😒

I like the VMP variant as well but I hate the fact that it won't ship before mid June 😒

I know...honestly all the delays of everything this past year has gotten me numb to it though. I also started buying from my local more lately and since i can't go there much (it's almost an hour drive, downside of living in a high cost of living area where a record store wouldnt survive) I generally have them ship all my pre-orders/purchases once a month too. I can live with Apple Music until the record comes in.

View attachment 90426

So fucking pumped. I have to imagine this will be available elsewhere as well to save on shipping. Though I have to say the few times I've ordered from Miranda's store has been a great experience.

Back