Pre-Order Thread

My brother scored the RSD release, and it is incredible! The label just puts out great sounding recordings. I jumped all over this.

Between this and the Gloria Barnes from Colemine, my house is gonna be full of soul!
It’s been my most played RSD pick up for sure and the RSD release was like $15 more. Everyone should pick this up while they can.

So
This should be available from other sources as well, but I haven't found any information about the coloured version elsewhere:

Gang Starr - Step In The Arena
657697.jpg

So I tried to order from HHV and it says cant be sold to USA. Is that common practice from them? I just ordered a King Tee album and had no issues. I’ve emailed them but also thought I would ask here.

Didn't see a "News" thread, but I guess this fits the Pre-Order thread as well. Merge is doing a reissue of The Love Language's debut album, and as a bonus, they are putting the band's other records on sale. The debut is having some songs added to it. I really enjoyed that debut, even though the production was pretty lo-fi.

https://www.mergerecords.com/the-love-language-reissue

Any chance this is remastered or has new plates or something that'll make it sound great/better than the other versions of this on vinyl?
Doubt it. Although I don’t think the other versions sound bad.

Edit: I realize that it was mentioned that the EU pressings are way to go - that’s what I have so +1 for that. I also have red TTL vers. Indifferent to it. Not the one I put on although I don’t remember hating it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Didn't see a "News" thread, but I guess this fits the Pre-Order thread as well. Merge is doing a reissue of The Love Language's debut album, and as a bonus, they are putting the band's other records on sale. The debut is having some songs added to it. I really enjoyed that debut, even though the production was pretty lo-fi.

https://www.mergerecords.com/the-love-language-reissue

Their latest, Baby Grand, is fantastic.

Back