Pre-Order Thread

Anybody who preordered the signed Lucinda Williams from Grimeys get a shipping notification yet? @Twentytwo

Never have pre-ordered from them before so dont know what to expect but they said will ship “on or by the 24th”

Might be just waiting on Lucinda to come by and sign them is my guess. Doyle who’s the owner is there on Monday, Wednesday and Friday right now and they usually ship on those days. I’d expect it to ship by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. They are trustworthy and a great record store to order from. You will get what you pay for.

Might be just waiting on Lucinda to come by and sign them is my guess. Doyle who’s the owner is there on Monday, Wednesday and Friday right now and they usually ship on those days. I’d expect it to ship by Monday or Tuesday at the latest. They are trustworthy and a great record store to order from. You will get what you pay for.

Yeah, my one time stopping there last year I really liked them. Wasnt worried, more curious. Thanks!

So Sonic Boom in Toronto just got their copies of the indie version of The Strokes. Ordered my copy from them last night and it's already shipped.

Welp Farts...
214914FF-E98F-4FC6-84FC-B9908DB28DA4.jpeg

I bet I get the black wax instead. I hope they comp me for international shipping if a gotta send it back. I coulda got the Standard release from my local last week. $10 credit for a Toronto based record store ain’t gonna cut it.

Welp Farts...
View attachment 43198

I bet I get the black wax instead. I hope they comp me for international shipping if a gotta send it back. I coulda got the Standard release from my local last week. $10 credit for a Toronto based record store ain’t gonna cut it.

I just got the email as well. Sucks. :(

I'm guessing I'll receive it this coming week. I'll find out then. You think they sent out both version?

I'm pretty resigned it will be black for me too...

I'm guessing I'll receive it this coming week. I'll find out then. You think they sent out both version?

I hope we can work something out. I liked what I had heard but I probably would not have purchased this had it been the black version, at least not yet. I woulda gave it a few more listens and wait until I could pick up a copy one Amazon or off Discogs for like $17 bucks in a year or two I only jumped on this speculatively in the hopes that I would really enjoy it but what are ya gonna do. I am sure it will work out fine one way or another just a slight bummer.

I hope we can work something out. I liked what I had heard but I probably would not have purchased this had it been the black version, at least not yet. I woulda gave it a few more listens and wait until I could pick up a copy one Amazon or off Discogs for like $17 bucks in a year or two I only jumped on this speculatively in the hopes that I would really enjoy it but what are ya gonna do. I am sure it will work out fine one way or another just a slight bummer.

I streamed it a few times and ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. I'm not decided on what I'll do if I get a black copy. I probably would have waited as well since black copies will be available whenever I want one. But $20 canadian for a black copy is not too bad either. I'll see.

Welp Farts...
View attachment 43198

Got the same thing. I’m guessing all of them are black and they are just making it seem like a few people. Too bad since I cancelled my RT version to get this one cheaper / quicker!

Welp Farts...
View attachment 43198

My question is...how don’t they know it’s black or red...mine came in the hard plastic sleeve (you will see) the record was in the outside of the sleeve and clearly color of record was visible

Btw I hate the packaging...it’s awful imo

My question is...how don’t they know it’s black or red...mine came in the hard plastic sleeve (you will see) the record was in the outside of the sleeve and clearly color of record was visible

I tried for 10 minutes trying to figure out how to open the fucking thing before I realized I had to cut the sticker lol

It’s probably a presumptuous on my part but maybe they thought they were all gonna be the indie exclusive and whomever they had send them out just matched name to title not really looking or reading the stickers. Then once a few people call in and say they didn’t receive what they had ordered you audit the process where you come to realize that ya fucked up. I bet it would cost at the very least $10 in shipping to send it back. If they will refund me whatever would be The international shipping cost I will just keep it and we can call it a day. The rest of my strokes LPs are black anyways I don’t mind Keeping the black for for around $17, I do mind for $27.

Welp Farts...
View attachment 43198

i got the same email yesterday....after I received the RED indie copy. So hopefully yours will be red too.

Vulfpeck / Cory Wong fans, this will go fast!

The album is fucking sweet, too. Pricey...

Back