Pre-Order Thread

Earl Sweatshirt-limited to 3000

Last edited:
Sylvan Esso's live concert doc/album WITH has a pretty gorgeous double LP as an accompaniment.

Watch the doc:

$45 and you have to purchase the digital download separately. Yeeesh

Less than 180 left someone mentioned on reddit
I've got a feeling those will be available from record stores as well.
Especially since it's Warner and it's only listed on their US store at the moment.
Additionally, there were only around 1000 listed when the site went up.

But please don't count on my feelings: If you want it, get it now.
P.S. Whole World is on repeat since this morning.

I've got a feeling those will be available from record stores as well.
Especially since it's Warner and it's only listed on their US store at the moment.
Additionally, there were only around 1000 listed when the site went up.

But please don't count on my feelings: If you want it, get it now.
P.S. Whole World is on repeat since this morning.

I'm assuming the other tan copies were in the bundles. Otherwise why say 3,000? I'd count on the black copies being available widely like his previous stuff though.

I'm assuming the other tan copies were in the bundles. Otherwise why say 3,000? I'd count on the black copies being available widely like his previous stuff though.
Good point.
But as far as I know, they are counting the tan vinyl with its own inventory.
There is no extra inventory for a bundle only tan vinyl.
If the tan vinyl is sold out, there will also be no tan vinyl available in a bundle.
But who knows for sure.

I don't know how much shipping is for y'all in the US.
For international customers it's still pretty reasonable.
And since I love that album (and the newly released track), I've bough it.
That's what I usually do: If I love it, I buy it - and don't think too much about if and when.
I just wanted to make people aware that this might become available overseas for less money.

Well, okay, there was this Fiona record a few days back - but that one wasn't advertised as limited.
And still, I bought it. ;)
Now it's available everywhere and I could've gotten it for less, but well.
In the end it's the music that counts.

Last edited:
More Floating Action -- kind of -- from PIAPTK:

This is a hidden rarity. Not ACTUALLY a Floating Action record, but an album Seth did with his friend Bryan Cates and the Moore Sisters from the Tabernacle Baptist Church in Greensboro, NC. This is a great Gospel LP and any funk/soul crate digger would be stoked to come across this if it were disguised as a late 60s/early 70s album and would be unlikely to know the difference.

It's also on Bandcamp, and it's pretty great.

Good point.
But as far as I know, they are counting the tan vinyl with its own inventory.
There is no extra inventory for a bundle only tan vinyl.
If the tan vinyl is sold out, there will also be no tan vinyl available in a bundle.
But who knows for sure.

I don't know how much shipping is for y'all in the US.
For international customers it's still pretty reasonable.
And since I love that album (and the newly released track), I've bough it.
That's what I usually do: If I love it, I buy it - and don't think too much about if and when.
I just wanted to make people aware that this might become available overseas for less money.

Well, okay, there was this Fiona record a few days back - but that one wasn't advertised as limited.
And still, I bought it. ;)
Now it's available everywhere and I could've gotten it for less, but well.
In the end it's the music that counts.
And here we go - listed as Indies Exclusive:

And here we go - listed as Indies Exclusive:

so limited to 3000 in his web shop (i'm not finding anything concrete on what was actually listed initially)? i really don't understand why artists do this. i would have much rather supported my local if that's the case. (It also "sold out" on his site but you can still purchase bundles with it)

Last edited:
1587745400745.png

so limited to 3000 in his web shop? i really don't understand why artists do this. i would have much rather supported my local if that's the case. (It also "sold out" on his site but you can still purchase bundles with it)
No, I guess 3000 worldwide in total - and 1000 were available from his web shop.
So there'll be 2000 copies available from indies.

Oh, and if you click on the bundles, you'll notice that there are no tan bundles available anymore - just as guessed. ;)

That's the only thing that needed to be said. do not enjoy these fomo tactics so many artists/labels seem to use lately.
Again, it’s just an assumption but I guess it’s pretty accurate.
If you want this record: Buy it from Rough Trade - and maybe cancel when you’ve got word from your local - or add more records so that you’ll get free shipping and support Rough Trade. Their NYC store is having a real hard time right now.

Again, it’s just an assumption but I guess it’s pretty accurate.
If you want this record: Buy it from Rough Trade - and maybe cancel when you’ve got word from your local - or add more records so that you’ll get free shipping and support Rough Trade. Their NYC store is having a real hard time right now.

Yeah i'm hoping the earl shop is better about cancelling for this then they were about SRS. Would much rather be supporting at least Rough Trade, Fat Beats or my local if it's going to pop up down those avenues.

Apparently the price wasn't that big of a deterrent. It's sold out on the band's website and bandcamp page. The Loma Vista store only has about 20 copies left.
Thanks for the Loma Vista tip! I was so bummed when I saw Sold Out on the band's website, but I just snagged one on LV.

I was fortunate enough to catch this tour at the Beacon. Best show I saw last year.

Back