Pre-Order Thread

Haven't bought from udiscover yet, any reason not to shop there?

Packing varies from pretty good to not so good. I have ordered a few things from them. My last experience could have been better...

Cust service on an order I tried to cancel was not good. Got a 4 week backorder notice on a box set. Then they started running the 30% off sale so I thought I would cancel per their “you can cancel help terms” and maybe reorder later. No phone # so It went like:

-2 emails went unanswered over 2 1/2 weeks. Got two auto responses saying they were over loaded and be patient.
-1 email then came from cust service said that the order number didn’t exist.
- then I sent a 3rd email (with screen shot of order) again after i got a new extended 4 week backorder notice requesting cancel
- a week (about 4weeks into it) after that I got response that said it could not be canceled because it had been shipped. A tracking email arrived the same day. It was the label created email
- 10 or 12 days later the tracking started moving when they actually shipped it :). The cynic in me thinks they created the label at the same time they refused to cancel as they did yet have stock.

On the plus side the box was packed poorly BUT arrived undamaged. Don’t even know what would have happened if my $200 box had taken damage. And then there is the fact the day it arrived I could have ordered one at 30% off.

If they have something special I want I may try it again someday but I’m not jumping for a repeat.

Today at 1PM central time this is going on sale. Cult favorite MySpace Grindcore / Deathcore. Only 200 copies made with 3 variants. Seriously, Wax Vessel Records makes the sickest colored records I've ever seen. The wax mage ones in particular are amazing looking. The sound quality is very good for so much color, but then again it doesn't really matter when you are jamming heavy stuff like this.

Also they do not repress anything. Secondhand market prices for these records are crazy. Serious collectors items right here, but also amazing music.

FYI, here's a link to the Sweet Trip album on Bullmoose. This variant is pink and purple!

Out on 05/01/2020
Looks like they added that one to the Darla Records site as well. They are slightly more specific and specify that it is Translucent Pink and Translucent Purple.

The first clear/translucent blue variant states "720 + already sold" out of the 1000.

Edit: i misread what they meant, fixed

Tbh, it's from Darla Records who are overseas. Records from them are a bit pricey.
im hoping for the record to be a bit cheaper before i consider purchasing. once again an almost $40 purchase is a little bit much for me on this one

Today at 1PM central time this is going on sale. Cult favorite MySpace Grindcore / Deathcore. Only 200 copies made with 3 variants. Seriously, Wax Vessel Records makes the sickest colored records I've ever seen. The wax mage ones in particular are amazing looking. The sound quality is very good for so much color, but then again it doesn't really matter when you are jamming heavy stuff like this.

Also they do not repress anything. Secondhand market prices for these records are crazy. Serious collectors items right here, but also amazing music.
Holy cow every copy of this record sold out in less than 5 minutes...

I literally had a copy in my cart and hit pay in PayPal and it sold out. I was lucky enough to get the 100 copy variant. Ugh stressful but honestly exciting.

Jehnny Beth (of Savages) has a solo album out this May, featuring Romy from The XX, Cillian Murphy, and Joe Talbot form IDLES.

(Signed copies available direct)

Limited White vinyl available through:

And of course, the 'zon (UK):

1580934537921.png

View attachment 31654

Finally, my prayers are answered!

Here it is y’all

$34 shipped to the US. The US site doesn’t have it for some reason but I was able to place my order on the UK one without hassle.

Real talk. I just listened to this album in full for the first time. Might be one of the best shoegaze albums I've ever listened to.

Real talk. I just listened to this album in full for the first time. Might be one of the best shoegaze albums I've ever listened to.
It’s definitely in the top 5 Shoegaze albums of all time.

my ranking would be:

1) Ride - Nowhere
2) Slowdive - Souvlaki
3) MBV - Loveless
4) Jesus and Mary Chain - Psychocandy
5) Chapterhouse - Whirlpool
6) Spiritualized - Lazer Guided Melodies
7) Cocteau Twins - Treasure
8) Candy Claws - Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time
9) Nothing - Guilty of Everything
10) DIIV - Deciever

The top 5 are definitely 100% Shoegaze but further down the list we go into some dream pop, with some Shoegazey elements. All of which I’d recommend if you’re unfamiliar with any.

1580954630414.jpeg

Back