Pre-Order Thread

This guy opened for Julia Jacklin. Kinda dark/sad lyrics in some of these tracks. He does play a mean acoustic guitar, though.

I have his first record and love it. He plays in Better Oblivion Community Center too. Yes, his music is pretty sad. Saw him at a Communion showcase once with Sturgill Simpson. Probably wasn't a hundred people there that night.

Don't hate me @Lee Newman

1581007501384.png

This very limited edition “First Edition” CD and LP comes with limited edition poster insert
Hand autographed by Aoife O’Donovan

This is the first release featuring Aoife with a string quartet. Co-produced by Jeremy Kittel and Aoife, the album was recorded in Brooklyn on the last days of October 2019. The title of the project comes from the Peter Sears poem, “Valentine”, which is the final movement of the 3 song suite along with Sears other poems “Night Fishing” and “The Darkness”. Peter Sears (1937-2017), was named the seventh poet laureate of the state of Oregon in 2014. The suite was penned in 2015 by O’Donovan along with Jeremy Kittel and Teddy Abrams, the conductor of the Louisville Symphony Orchestra and premiered at the Britt Festival in Jacksonville, OR.

In addition to Bull Frogs Croon are fresh takes on two songs that have been part of O’Donovan’s repertoire for years, and both fit beautifully. The Irish folk song Lakes of Pontchartrain, which Crooked Still recorded 15 years ago, gets revisited and reimagined with a bit more bounce in its step than the now classic Paul Brady approach. The other is Hazel Dickens’ Pretty Bird, which O’Donovan recorded years ago for an unreleased Dickens tribute album and again with Crooked Still. “I think the through-line for me is that the poetry of both of those songs fit well with how Bull Frogs Croon ends in such a beautiful loving way.

I want that box set so bad. I hope it doesn't sell out before I can get one. Unfortunately I'm not feeling hopeful.

10,000 units is a lot. I don't think this will sell out quickly, although I am not sure about Hayley's popularity in 2020.
Looks like it's $42 shipped before taxes. Not too bad for three discs, a box, and perhaps extras.

The Magnetic Fields - 69 Love Songs
This is tempting... Album was a great college discovery for me. I found the band by watching my Pete and Pete dvds lol

10,000 units is a lot. I don't think this will sell out quickly, although I am not sure about Hayley's popularity in 2020.
Looks like it's $42 shipped before taxes. Not too bad for three discs, a box, and perhaps extras.
There are def some rabid HW stans out there. I hope it will stick around for a bit! I should be able to get myself one within the next few days, just gonna have to keep my eye on it until then 👀

I am having so much trouble trying to pre-order that Hayley Williams box set.

I first tried to check out as a guest. But it kept telling me My billing address must have a value for "Street Address". I was like it's right there! Then saw it wasn't a required field (no red asterisk to the left) and read "Search Address". Whoops. Somebody messed up.

I was able to get past that by registering and proceeding to checkout as logged in.

But now I'm just getting a spinning while and my order won't complete.

Then again Paramore's After Laughter sold 10,000 units in the first 24 hours. The rarer variants were sold out in minutes.

Pretty pink:

Baby blue:

Why don't (why don't) you teach me something new
We're all (we're all) just babies in my view
So crawl baby
Crawl baby

This is tempting... Album was a great college discovery for me. I found the band by watching my Pete and Pete dvds lol

Really tempting, but 6 LP! Would I ever make it to the end?!

From the description, I found this interesting. I'm not sure if it is a standard Newbury Comics language or not?

"Please note: Due to ongoing industry-wide issues with distribution, there may be delays in the shipment of some pre-ordered product."

Finally got my Petals For Amor preorder to complete.

The issue was the item in my cart. They apparently updated the listing after it was in my cart. Once I removed it and added it back in my order would go through.

Oh, and I also ordered the Colored Variant that Bull Moose has. No description other than it's a colored vinyl yet.

Back