Pre-Order Thread

Hey could someone please post the Amazon link for Nujabes as soon as it comes up? Thanks!
Both of the previous Nujabes reissueswhere available through American retailers eventually. I ordered first collection via TTL and Metaphorical via Bullmoose respectively for about the same cost as ordering them from Japan. I am gonna wait a bit and see what pops Statesside.

"Sorcerer" soundtrack by Tangerine Dream available now at Waxwork Records

Last edited:
T
"Sorcerer" soundtrack by Tangerine Dream available now at Waxwork Records
That movie is severely underrated. So friggin intense...

Okay well... Nujabes Metaphorical Music, Modal Soul and First Collection all ordered.

-clasps hands together-

And that is that...

-glaces at adjusted shipping costs-

GREAT CAESARS GHOST
You didn't grab Second Collection!?!!...Is what you will be saying to yourself next month when the pre-order for that one comes up.

Anybody else order the Jai Paul pre-order of Jasmine? Ordered it back in June of last year...and just got this update the other day:

I just wanted to write a message to explain the delay with the Jasmine Special Edition vinyl. The package includes a coloured disc scented with jasmine flowers (!), a metallic ink centre label and spot gloss/deboss detailing on the outer sleeve. In trying to achieve all of this we’ve unfortunately encountered various production delays for which I’d like to apologise.

This record means something special to me and I just wanted to make sure it’s all gonna be proper, but I’m sorry it’s taken so long. I’m especially excited to share the new mix I’ve done for this Special Edition so I hope you enjoy that when it arrives with you very soon.

I suppose it's nice they have updated me but...it was supposed to ship months ago.

Anybody else order the Jai Paul pre-order of Jasmine? Ordered it back in June of last year...and just got this update the other day:

I just wanted to write a message to explain the delay with the Jasmine Special Edition vinyl. The package includes a coloured disc scented with jasmine flowers (!), a metallic ink centre label and spot gloss/deboss detailing on the outer sleeve. In trying to achieve all of this we’ve unfortunately encountered various production delays for which I’d like to apologise.

This record means something special to me and I just wanted to make sure it’s all gonna be proper, but I’m sorry it’s taken so long. I’m especially excited to share the new mix I’ve done for this Special Edition so I hope you enjoy that when it arrives with you very soon.

I suppose it's nice they have updated me but...it was supposed to ship months ago.
But it will smell like Jasmine! Think of it as an Air Freshener that also plays music and I think you will better appreciate the diligence they are putting into this release.

But it will smell like Jasmine! Think of it as an Air Freshener that also plays music and I think you will better appreciate the diligence they are putting into this release.
My first thought was...wait what? It wasn’t advertised as that and if it’s gonna make it delayed for months and months what’s even the point? Hah

How's their packaging? Decent protection or total crap?

Packaging is great. I ordered twice from them and the records were out of the sleeves to avoid any seem splits. They sometimes underestimate parcel weight and that is why they say they can have to charge you a little bit more. You have an option to allow them to charge you automatically or they can ask your approval (means it will delay your shipment by a day or two, not a big deal). In both cases, I don't remember I had to pay a huge difference.

My main concern with HMV is customs. You never know exactly how much you'll end paying. Amazon, on the other hand, charges you upfront for customs so you don't have to worry about how much more you'll have to pay. Amazon packaging is also not so good as HMV's.

Packaging is great. I ordered twice from them and the records were out of the sleeves to avoid any seem splits. They sometimes underestimate parcel weight and that is why they say they can have to charge you a little bit more. You have an option to allow them to charge you automatically or they can ask your approval (means it will delay your shipment by a day or two, not a big deal). In both cases, I don't remember I had to pay a huge difference.

My main concern with HMV is customs. You never know exactly how much you'll end paying. Amazon, on the other hand, charges you upfront for customs so you don't have to worry about how much more you'll have to pay. Amazon packaging is also not so good as HMV's.
Amazon Japan was incredibly fast. At least for me when I ordered Metaphorical Music when it first came out. I got that sucker in just over a week.

Amazon Japan was incredibly fast. At least for me when I ordered Metaphorical Music when it first came out. I got that sucker in just over a week.
Mine was rather fast for the Khruangbin live album but the packaging was horrible and it came with a corner bent over, and unlike amazon US, I had to send it back if I wanted anything done about it.

Back