Pre-Order Thread

I saw them 10 years ago at Lollapalooza when they were touring this album. Nathan came out on stage and announced to the crowd that they just finished smoking out of a Budweiser can... been a fan since. Time flies.
Right! I remember pre-ordering this on wax when it was first released (Same with Bitte Orca and Merriweather Post Pavilion) now all the 10 year anniversary releases are starting. Time flies indeed.

WRT Thundercar, on reddit landlocked said they didn't have more info on why the gatefold is so much other than being a gatefold. Someone said the Rough Trade version is limited to 1000 as tweeted by rough trade uk
Rough Trade variant says 1000 copies on the rough trade UK website but that's all the info I have seen on any of the variants aside from what is listed online. No # on any of the other colors and still haven't gotten any confirmation or news about why that clear one is so much more expensive outside of the gatefold. Weird.

Rough Trade variant says 1000 copies on the rough trade UK website but that's all the info I have seen on any of the variants aside from what is listed online. No # on any of the other colors and still haven't gotten any confirmation or news about why that clear one is so much more expensive outside of the gatefold. Weird.
So is it confirmed that the clear one is the only edition with a gatefold?

So is it confirmed that the clear one is the only edition with a gatefold?
it appears to me that the pic disk and clear are gatefold and all others are single sleeve. it's quite confusing because the RT tweet says their version is gatefold but everywhere else on their site says 3mm which is a single sleeve.

it appears to me that the pic disk and clear are gatefold and all others are single sleeve. it's quite confusing because the RT tweet says their version is gatefold but everywhere else on their site says 3mm which is a single sleeve.
This whole situation shouldn't be this confusing. There are too many editions of new releases these days in my opinion. Also clear vinyl is so boring why would they pair that up with the gatefold.

EDIT: Also why would they put a pic disc with a gate fold, this release just seems so weird to me.

1579122992957.png

New studio album produced by Geoff Stanfield featuring John Paul Jones, Bill Frisell, Dave Matthews, Matt Chamberlain and Eric Thorin.

• Individually numbered 1-500 with a gold foil stamp
  • Mint green colored vinyl
  • Includes digital download
Additional Details
Track List:
1. Mule
2. Awful Strange
3.Coal Mine
4. Zandapp
5. Hey Man
6. Juke
7. Enemy Factory
8. The Less That I Know
9. Hambone Slide
10. It’s Over
11. Ballad of Nope

This whole situation shouldn't be this confusing. There are too many editions of new releases these days in my opinion. Also clear vinyl is so boring why would they pair that up with the gatefold.

EDIT: Also why would they put a pic disc with a gate fold, this release just seems so weird to me.
Brainfeeder makes some really weird decisions for their vinyl and I say that as a big fan of the label...I hate that Drunk is 4x10" and never got a 1 or 2LP release. They often release too many variants and more LPs in a package than necessary so they can charge more. I grabbed the RT variant of this and called it a day.

I lucked out as I was on email when Relapse Myrkur preorder popped up. So I grabbed it. Then posted here. Then went back and it was gone. The most limited Relapse issue variants often are gone in minutes.

But also grabbed one of the 500 pressings on Bandcamp link for a play copy. I think they look super nice, may play better (pin wheels can be iffy), and I like owning bandcamp digital backup.
Decided to go for the Baby Blue and White Galaxy Merge... I rarely buy records from artists I'm not really familiar with right off the bat and in this particular case I have no idea about Relapse or Metal. However, huge fan of Susanne Sundfor, Agnes Obel, Fever Ray and Bjork and this new album might just be up my alley. Amazing lead single.

Brainfeeder makes some really weird decisions for their vinyl and I say that as a big fan of the label...I hate that Drunk is 4x10" and never got a 1 or 2LP release. They often release too many variants and more LPs in a package than necessary so they can charge more. I grabbed the RT variant of this and called it a day.
Yeah, I’m actually going to sell my copy of Drunk as I never spin it due to the format. Will be much happier with this single LP!

Debating between grabbing the RT copy or waiting. If the new flying lotus is any indication this will be on sale a few months after for $10 or less.
Not sure the new FlyLo is an indication but who knows anymore! This does have a ton of variants so maybe it drops in price. It’s weird how unpopular that FlyLo was. It’s not my favorite of his but I still dig it and the vinyl sounds good. That album seemed to just come and go for a lot of people and nobody really talked about it much.

View attachment 29377

So this seems to be some mysterious project just announced by Damon Albarn on Twitter. Includes 3 Songs with an amazing line up of artists: Erykah Badu, D'Angelo, FKA twigs, Omou Sangaré, Nick Hakim, Damon himself, Bilal and Syd.

Apparently it won't be released elsewhere (physically or digitally) apart from this Vinyl release. It's rather pricey though, 40$ for 16 minutes of music....
I just posted a status about this, hadn't looked in here yet. Yeah, I'm a huge Damon fan but I can't justify this at all. This is some of the most blatant FOMO-stoking I've ever seen. If it was $20, it'd still be a little ridiculous, but a lot more reasonable. What's especially upsetting is that Damon announced it as though it was another side project of his or something but from the looks of the credits, he's only on one song, which he shares with two other artists, so that could just mean him singing a few lines at the most. I still love the dude but this is pretty lame all around.

I just posted a status about this, hadn't looked in here yet. Yeah, I'm a huge Damon fan but I can't justify this at all. This is some of the most blatant FOMO-stoking I've ever seen. If it was $20, it'd still be a little ridiculous, but a lot more reasonable. What's especially upsetting is that Damon announced it as though it was another side project of his or something but from the looks of the credits, he's only on one song, which he shares with two other artists, so that could just mean him singing a few lines at the most. I still love the dude but this is pretty lame all around.
Damn. This looks awesome but definitely not at $40 for 3 songs. The lineups are fantastic too.

edit: $52 shipped for 16 minutes of music. Insane.

Last edited:
Damn. This looks awesome but definitely not at $40 for 3 songs. The lineups are fantastic too.

edit: $52 shipped for 16 minutes of music. Insane.
It does have a lot of talent behind it but nah. That it also seems to be the first in a series is even worse. I imagine every entry in the series will have a similar price tag.

Last edited:
Back