Pre-Order Thread

I kind of feel like they've done all they can do with their "sound". A transition in style might not be bad thing.

A few songs into their 2nd album I thought their sound had run its course. You're making me interested in checking out the new one.

A few songs into their 2nd album I thought their sound had run its course. You're making me interested in checking out the new one.
Atlas was their peak and now it feels like they're just a band waiting around until Martin Courtney decides to go full blown solo (which he has once and that album is great IMO).

I was ready to write off Real Estate after their last album. But I listened to Paper Cup yesterday and it's very very good!
The new single is great. I will say I was originally down on In Mind but it has grown on me quite a bit since it’s release. Worth another go. If you haven’t listened in a while.

Atlas was their peak and now it feels like they're just a band waiting around until Martin Courtney decides to go full blown solo (which he has once and that album is great IMO).
I have really dug both Courtney’s and Alex Bleeker’s non-Real Estate stuff. Also, anyone who is into Real Estate should give the band Bonny Doon a go. I saw them open for Waxahatchee (they were also Katie Crutchfield’s backing band) and Bleeker played bass for them. Their album Longwave is super fuckin’ chill in the best way possible.

I have really dug both Courtney’s and Alex Bleeker’s non-Real Estate stuff. Also, anyone who is into Real Estate should give the band Bonny Doon a go. I saw them open for Waxahatchee (they were also Katie Crutchfield’s backing band) and Bleeker played bass for them. Their album Longwave is super fuckin’ chill in the best way possible.
Seconded on the Bonny Doon, from a non-fan of Real Estate. Kevin Morby's Mare label imprint on Woodsist got off to a good start a couple of years ago, but there hasn't been a lot of activity in terms of new releases over there lately. Looks like Shannon Lay left, too, so I wonder if Mare is even still a thing.

Edit: Never mind, Longwave wasn't on Mare, I'm thinking of the Night Shop record that was released around the same time. But it's still a good album.

+1. Bonny Doon has snuck into my Discover Weekly playlists many times and am never disappointed. It also makes me want to spell Bon Iver as Bonny Vare.

+1. Bonny Doon has snuck into my Discover Weekly playlists many times and am never disappointed. It also makes me want to spell Bon Iver as Bonny Vare.
LOL! I alway wanna spell them as “Bonnie Doon” i.e. Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy. Also, having never heard of them prior to the Waxahatchee show I initially assume they were gonna be a solo female artist named Bonny Doon.

1579208630951.png

• 180 gram audiophile vinyl
  • Insert
  • 1972 album featuring "My Sweet Lord / Today Is A Killer” Medley
  • Limited Edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on transparent red vinyl
Emergency Ward! (1972) is Nina Simone's statement on the Vietnam War, and by dealing with matters more spiritual than political, this album aptly reflect the events of the day.

Grouplove

Healer (Transparent Blue Vinyl)(Indie Exclusive)

1579208694467.png

grouplove-healer-opaque-red-vinyl

Grouplove

Healer (Opaque Red Vinyl)
ROCK

1579209085306.png

Limited Edition Indie Exclusive on Gray Vinyl. LP jacket is signed by the band.

Rough Trade Donuts Exclusive

J_Dilla_-_Donuts_RT_Exclusive_mockup.jpg

Anybody know any rough trade discount codes? Might pick this one up!

Back