Pre-Order Thread

Soooo, Grandaddy has this great box set of The Sophtware Slump coming out, but is a US only release! Must be some rights issues over here in the olde world. Terrible stuff, would really have wanted this but shipping is just too much...

It’s got to be a rights issue. We didn’t get the deluxe reissue from the UK a few years back. It’s been scattershot.

1603225443103.png

Less than a 100 left if anyone is interested.

Damnit, when did they get so popular as to sell out of the cool variants so quick!? I wanted the dice set =(
I feel your pain. One of my favorite bands and I missed the dice too, they went real quick. Heads up on a third variant of S/T that just went up. The pinwheel variant is sold out. I am hoping they have a new LP soon, fingers crossed.

Soooo, Grandaddy has this great box set of The Sophtware Slump coming out, but is a US only release! Must be some rights issues over here in the olde world. Terrible stuff, would really have wanted this but shipping is just too much...

Seeing as this is my most anticipated reissue in 6 years of vinyl collecting - especially for the 2lps of amazing bonus tracks - I really feel for you. I wonder if any stores in Norway may order some - you might want to try that route. I say this coming from the other side of the Atlantic after somehow being able to purchase EU only RSD titles through US retailers (like Mew's Anniversary Glass Handed Kites).

Good Luck! I really hope you can get one eventually.

I don't know if this can help you, or if it is even the same box set, but the release date is the same and the price is in line with such a deluxe offering. From jpc.de in Germany

Hmm, lot of negative reviews of the earlier Craft version.

I have the last couple Craft reissues but I haven’t had a chance to listen to or compare them to my earlier versions yet. For me Colors is the seminal BTBAM album. I know it well enough to pick out differences. Should be a fun listen.

Edit: On further study it looks like I have the 2017 Craft version and an earlier 2014 pressing. Going to have to listen to them both again.

Last edited:
Seeing as this is my most anticipated reissue in 6 years of vinyl collecting - especially for the 2lps of amazing bonus tracks - I really feel for you. I wonder if any stores in Norway may order some - you might want to try that route. I say this coming from the other side of the Atlantic after somehow being able to purchase EU only RSD titles through US retailers (like Mew's Anniversary Glass Handed Kites).

Good Luck! I really hope you can get one eventually.
Yes, I'll see if my local will perhaps order it on import. Hopefully it can be done without crazy prices. I really want this!

I don't know if this can help you, or if it is even the same box set, but the release date is the same and the price is in line with such a deluxe offering. From jpc.de in Germany
Cheers! This is probably the same, so I'll check it out for sure.

Heck, I just ordered it with my credit card, so if something goes wrong, there's some security!

Looking forward to getting this!

Back