Pre-Order Thread

Cold Spring in for the 10-year cash grab: of COIL/NINE INCH NAILS "remixes" - RECOILED

One review:

When I first bought this back in 2014, I was pretty unimpressed with the music and figured they were just demo mixes and ideas that were not fleshed out much at all. I sold the record shortly after that first listen as the pressing was absolutely trash, and the remixes were mostly pretty uninteresting. Recently I saw a copy in a shop for a decent price and thought I'd give it a second chance... well, the pressing is definitely just as bad, and I only just now read into what these mixes actually are - just Danny Hyde trying to replicate and then finish some old ideas but in a very modern fashion (Ableton...). It has a few moments worth listening to, but as a whole just kinda comes off as a cash grab. If you're a completist for either NIN or Coil this might be worth picking up... but I definitely regret buying this a second time. Ah well.

Danny also chimes in on Discogs (his only post)

Only for NIN / Coil completists. I got one a few years back for around $17, it's OK.

Yeah I love more Coil out in the world but Danny Hyde is largely not doing anyone any favors

I bought the red version of this a while back, played it once and remembered I hate this album and then sold it for about triple what I bought it for. Not doing it again.

Southern Rock Opera is the third studio album by Drive-By Truckers, released in 2001. Originally released as a double album covering an ambitious range of subject matter from the politics of race to 1970s stadium rock, Southern Rock Opera either imagines, or filters, every topic through the context of legendary Southern band Lynyrd Skynyrd.
New West Records is proud to present a remixed and remastered deluxe edition LP featuring a resequenced record as well as a third disc with multiple bonus tracks including a song “Mystery Song” that was recorded one night in Birmingham. Lead Singer, Patterson Hood explains, ““Birmingham” and “Moved” were originally part of Act I on original CD release. This is the first vinyl version to feature “Moved” and we felt that “Birmingham” would be the best other song to move without messing up the story element of Betamax Guillotine. We moved them here to keep the vinyl sides within time of maximum high fidelity.
In the process of re-mixing the original tracks for the album. We stumbled upon a mysterious track that was recorded late one night in Birmingham. None of us have any memory whatsoever of recording it. The song itself was never even written down, just made up on the spot while the tape was rolling. We’re calling it “Mystery Song.” It’s actually a keeper.”
3-LP Deluxe Edition Includes:
- Foil stamped slipcase
- Original album packaged as 2xLP gatefold
- Bonus 3rd LP in separate jacket
- 28 page book included with newly released photos & an historic look back at Southern Rock Opera.
1000004414.jpg

1000004415.jpg

I bought the red version of this a while back, played it once and remembered I hate this album and then sold it for about triple what I bought it for. Not doing it again.
Hate is a strong word, considering it’s an album of tracks of a dude strung out on heroin and against the ropes. It’s a difficult listen.

View attachment 202285

View attachment 202286

Figures this comes out a few days after I watched their documentary.

View attachment 202285

View attachment 202286

Do we know if the colored is a New West Exclusive, doesn't say it is but part of me feels that is probably is.

Back