Pre-Order Thread

I really like instrumental albums when I have to code. It keeps me in a zone without distracting me with words. I don't know how better to put it but an ex of mine said the same thing. This spilled over into my regular listening. I also got old and started liking jazz.
I think SpongeBob said it best:

Im almost the same.

I usually play DJ Screw tho or some old memphis 666 stuff cause its very "instrumental" for the most part but with hype hooks so not all the way instru.

I also got old and started liking jazz.

Hahaha. Maybe I will give jazz attention when I get old aswell lol

Thanks, they are great and appreciate you posting this!

So as a follow up, Ida Mae just did an in- store in my town. They are a lovely couple from Bath. They were summoned by the legendary Ethan Johns to meet him at a secret studio and he ended up producing this record. Their resulting debut, "Chasing Lights", is excellent, I highly recommend it. Take a listen to their Paste in studio:

This is available now but people were talking about it and I only recall seeing EU/Canada stores...Plaid Room is selling copies of the Blue Variant of DJ Shadow’s Endroducing.... for $25.00
View attachment 5190

Hmmm... I was definitely talking about it, but I have an OG pressing and I just bought the box set. Probably don't need this now.

But I like it

I have probably heard 3 instrumental albums in my life.

Drive Soundtrack (The back half of it)
Intersteller Soundtrack
Tron Soundtrack

And the only instrumental album on my want list is Kno - Bones (Cunninlynguist)
So yeah I am very very slack with instrumental albums.

Seriously though, now is a good time to do something about this.

Once you're done with Endtroducing...

...change yo lyfe!

Seriously though, now is a good time to do something about this.

Once you're done with Endtroducing...

...change yo lyfe!

I forgot one in my list :O

It recently came out on vinyl but it sold out fkin instantly :( But its getting a repress.

Now that is a GGGrreaatt instrumental album (that has 2 songs with words)

They all look like chill vibe instrumentals.
I like that creepy eerie insane stuff xD but alright ill check it tonight

Endtroducing is eerie, so, if you haven't checked that out, yet, that's definitely the place to start.

A couple of the others are from musicians you already like, which is why I included them. They also have some lyrics on the RJD2 and Sixtoo.

Blockhead was doing most of Aesop Rock's beats back then. Madlib is Madlib, but he's sampling the Blue Note catalog. Sixtoo is just slept on. The Beastie Boys instrumental stuff came out of the Check Yo Head sessions and some of it actually appears on that album.

If you like super eerie and creepy stuff, though, there's plenty of that available, too

Back