Pre-Order Thread

It's so great to have playing while you're busy around the house! Easy listening

I am scared of this and also intrigued.
Have you heard the new flume mixtape ? is it remotely like that ? Or is it more just basic hiphop beats without vocals ?

I kinda expected it to have alot of "scratching" in it which I actually enjoy. Does it have that?

They will also be selling copies for the first time at Solid Sound Festival later this month. Not sure what it will be priced at, but I am hoping to pick up a copy there. A few more details: "the album packaging features a gatefold LP bound like an art book in a linen fabric with metallic embossing, tipped on images and a full book of lyrics, photos and liner notes by George Saunders". Also of note, the bundle will include a never before released bonus track "Drawing From Memory (Charlie)".

WLB01-LP_a_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Last edited:
New bunch announced for HMV vinyl week. @phramenma just checking if there's any of these you want me to look for too. I won't be able to make it until Tuesday 18th as we're away for a family event that weekend but I'll definitely try.

iPiccy-collage.jpg

You've never listened to Endtroducing?

Yes. I highly recommend listening to it, it's an all time great album.

I have probably heard 3 instrumental albums in my life.

Drive Soundtrack (The back half of it)
Intersteller Soundtrack
Tron Soundtrack

And the only instrumental album on my want list is Kno - Bones (Cunninlynguist)
So yeah I am very very slack with instrumental albums.

Have you heard the new flume mixtape ? is it remotely like that ? Or is it more just basic hiphop beats without vocals ?

I kinda expected it to have alot of "scratching" in it which I actually enjoy. Does it have that?
Surely you have a way to sample/stream this with it being 2019 and all. Also, aren't you a hip hop head? This album was instrumental (pun) in influencing the genre as we know it.

Surely you have a way to sample/stream this with it being 2019 and all. Also, aren't you a hip hop head? This album was instrumental (pun) in influencing the genre as we know it.

Lol go stream some tracks off youtube. Or at least checkout this one

H
Do you recommend it? I never heard it but ever since I got into vinyl people say its great.
A big chain store in AUS is actually selling this version right across the road from me.
As everyone else has already said it’s an all-timer. It’s an incredibly influential album. From an Aussie standpoint The Avalanches “Since I Left You” is heavily indebted to it. Also it helped inspire Radiohead when they were making “OK Computer” (to name a few).

I have probably heard 3 instrumental albums in my life.

Drive Soundtrack (The back half of it)
Intersteller Soundtrack
Tron Soundtrack

And the only instrumental album on my want list is Kno - Bones (Cunninlynguist)
So yeah I am very very slack with instrumental albums.
You've never heard a jazz album?

I have Warm, didn't get my hands on Warmer on RSD. And shipping is a whopping 25 dollars to Europe. But, what the heck, you only live once, so I preordered. Can sell my current Warm to a friend perhaps, and then I'll be all good, but still some dollars short :)

They will also be selling copies for the first time at Solid Sound Festival later this month. Not sure what it will be priced at, but I am hoping to pick up a copy there. A few more details: "the album packaging features a gatefold LP bound like an art book in a linen fabric with metallic embossing, tipped on images and a full book of lyrics, photos and liner notes by George Saunders". Also of note, the bundle will include a never before released bonus track "Drawing From Memory (Charlie)".

WLB01-LP_a_1024x1024@2x.jpg

New bunch announced for HMV vinyl week. @phramenma just checking if there's any of these you want me to look for too. I won't be able to make it until Tuesday 18th as we're away for a family event that weekend but I'll definitely try.

View attachment 5195

Thank you for thinking of me.
Love is you.❤

VMP had Kendrick Lamar in that top jazz rap list lol does that count? haha
I mean, if you dig the music on TPAB I think you'd definitely be able to find some Jazz that you enjoy. There's a lot of stuff in the UK jazz scene that I think people into hip hop or electronic music would find more accessible and exciting than something like Kind of Blue. The Comet is Coming - Trust in the Lifeforce of the Deep Mystery, Yussef Kamaal - Black Focus, and Sons of Kemet - Your Queen is a Reptile are three recent ones I'd recommend if you want to check out that scene.

View attachment 5195

Someone help me out with NWA?

Back