Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Stax Number Ones
Creed - Greatest Hits
Derek and the Dominos - Layla And Other Assorted Love Songs
Bon Jovi - Cross Road
Ella and Louis
Cream - Disraeli Gears
The New York Dolls - s/t

Is there a way of translating that site into English?

Google Chrome will prompt you upon opening the site to convert it to English. Think Firefox does something similar. You'd have to google other browsers to see if that capability exists without an extension.

View attachment 50324
Cheers ..using an iPad ..was hoping there was a button on the site ..much easier !

Based in U.K. so was looking for a European site ..hoping these will get a U.K. release via hmv at some point ..think FNAC to uk will be reasonable prices ..if I could translate the site!

I bought something off the Portuguese FNAC last year. Didn’t have a clue what anything said but kinda got by on feel and things being in mostly the same place for store checkout on web stores. The thing arrived too so i didn’t do too badly...

Right? I read the description and was intrigued but after listening....wow this is a perfect summer album.
I gotta check it out but I've been turned off by PIAPTK. Ordered a lathe cut from them by Tunde Adebimpe and it's by far the worst sounding record I have ever purchased. I had no idea it would sound so bad when I ordered it and it came with a little paper note essentially saying "this record sounds bad. if it sounds particularly bad, just keep picking up and dropping your needle until it sounds better". Do their regular pressings sound good?

I think I’ve succeeded thanks to google translate...if I get into any difficulties down the road I’ll keep you on a retainer!

£87 spent ..don’t tell the wife ..not sure if these exclusives will turn up in the U.K. so took a punt

FNAC O.K. delivering to U.K. in any ones experience?

Last edited:
I gotta check it out but I've been turned off by PIAPTK. Ordered a lathe cut from them by Tunde Adebimpe and it's by far the worst sounding record I have ever purchased. I had no idea it would sound so bad when I ordered it and it came with a little paper note essentially saying "this record sounds bad. if it sounds particularly bad, just keep picking up and dropping your needle until it sounds better". Do their regular pressings sound good?
I had the same experience with them. They basically said their lathes sound subpar but all lathes aren’t audiophile and just a representation of the process. I feel like maybe @Dead C said he knew the dude that runs it? Probably misremembering

This will be my first. I have the Lathe cut of Money Mark's Change Is Coming and it sound good. Not like audiophile quality but better that some pressed LP's I own. I was not concerned about the quality, and Actually I ordered a copy of the Lathe Cut Golden Boots release they are doing too. I think some people may have grabbed the Michael Nau LP they put out a little bit ago, I don't think that was Lathe cut. Maybe @Lee Newman picked it up?

EDIT: I found this on the Nau release and it looks like it was pressed at Org Music.

I had the same experience with them. They basically said their lathes sound subpar but all lathes aren’t audiophile and just a representation of the process. I feel like maybe @Dead C said he knew the dude that runs it? Probably misremembering

Yeah. Mike Dixon runs it. He's the same guy who cuts all that wacky shit for Joyful Noise.

This will be my first. I have the Lathe cut of Money Mark's Change Is Coming and it sound good. Not like audiophile quality but better that some pressed LP's I own. I was not concerned about the quality, and Actually I ordered a copy of the Lathe Cut Golden Boots release they are doing too. I think some people may have grabbed the Michael Nau LP they put out a little bit ago, I don't think that was Lathe cut. Maybe @Lee Newman picked it up?

EDIT: I found this on the Nau release and it looks like it was pressed at Org Music.
Yup. It’s awesome. No lathe.

Back