Pre-Order Thread

Depends what you like tbh, she goes all over the map. I don’t think she’s released a bad album, hope 6 is a close as it gets and @Waitressboy has is own opinion on Let England Shake which I respect but is pretty much way out there given the universal praise the album has, for the record I love it.

i have a love of discovering artists discographies in order, to see how they develop and Dry is my favourite PJ, it is raw and open and as vital an album as I’ve heard. She developed as an artist in this Style with RId of Me. To Bring You My Love is a left turn to more gothic storytelling style. Is This Desire is another left turn to an, at times, ambient and more electronic style. Stories... Is The Big Hit laden straight rock album. Uh Huh Her is a more tender, and at times raw album and white chalk is a piano led album with a quiet haunting gothic feeling. Let England Shake is a beautiful and profound artistic statement against war. Hope Six was a concept album made following travelling though places like Afghanistan that didn’t quite hit the mark, the accompanying film was much better.

I sincerely believe that she’s one of the most important artists of the past 30 years.

Yeah, I think I wasn't being totally clear, I think I must be one of the four people in the world who hate Let England Shake. It's universally acclaimed (she won another Mercury Prize for it iirc), it's just that I still want to put a knife in my ears when I listen to it. But everybody should check it, I'm sure of that.

PJ Harvey fans : UMC/Island and Beggars today announce a comprehensive reissue campaign which will see PJ Harvey’s entire back catalogue – plus her two albums in collaboration with John Parish – released on vinyl over the next 12 months. For the first time, each of PJ Harvey’s album demos will be available as a stand-alone album on vinyl, CD and download.
does Rid of Me have a pre-order link yet?

Last edited:
Freddie Gibbs x Alchemist - Alfredo
will this have a wide release or is the only place to buy this?

So i guess my copy of uh huh her just lost tremendously in worth. Maybe i should flip it fast

I have Stories from the Sea... I’ll probably just keep that and buy a second copy, I love it so much.

Her most accessible album is Stories From The City, so I would start there. Then I'd go to The Hope six Demolition Project. And then... Her discography is very varied so if you liked the rock vibe, go to Dry, Rid Of Me and Úh Huh Her; for the more artistic part, White Chalk and the awful album about England (I'm sorry, I know it's a favorite but I hate it); for the more theatrical, alternative-sound albums, To Bring You My Love and Is this desire

That’s a scorching take! Let England Shake is my other favorite of hers. That said I couldn’t get into The Hope Six Demolition Project and I never liked White Chalk. She really does contain multitudes.

Don't forget her two collaborative albums with John parish which are great as well
I prefer her solo albums as a whole body of work, but her collaborative albums with John Parish contain some really amazing songs, Black Hearted Love is a particular favourite of mine and one of my most listened-to PJ songs. Gonna have to buy the Vinyl eventually just to blast this one at home.

Also, this whole reissues series is definitely a dream come true. Wonder how the rollout will be and if some of the records will get a special treatment.

travis-good-feeling-transparent-red-vinyl-import-limited-edition-red

Travis

Good Feeling (Transparent Red Vinyl) [Import]
Limited Edition, Red
ROCK
PID IMPORT 7216751
UPC: 888072167513
Release Date: 7/3/2020

Back