Pre-Order Thread

I gotta think that’s a pricing mistake. I preordered that from BullMoose when it was announced for $32. Zia is usually a little higher but that feels like an error

As someone who lives in AZ and shops at Zia religiously, their site has been all over the place ever since they upgraded. There are a ton of records that are extremely overpriced and when I did a curbside pickup order, the staff had no idea why their site was so off (ex: Kid Cudi MOTM 2 was listed as $41 but in-store it's only $26). I'd bet good money it's another error.

The splatter is up on XL again

The yellow is now on her site, so its the "first pressing" and not an indie variant or anything

Tea For the Tillerman 2 1LP (Blue D2C Exclusive)

SharedImage-104039.png

“Like it was destiny waiting to happen, T4TT² feels like the timing of its message has arrived again.” Yusuf / Cat Stevens
50 years on from the release of Tea for the Tillerman, the 1970 multi-platinum selling, era-defining album that made a superstar, this new set sees Yusuf recast the same eleven songs for a new age with dramatic results. Half a century and an entire universe of experiences after they were originally laid down on tape, T4TT² is a beautiful reunion between the artist and the songs that helped define the melodious 70’s. Since then, the impact of Tillerman and its suite of songs including Father And Son, Wild World and On The Road To Find Out have subtly intertwined with the fabric of popular culture.
At this most volatile and uncertain time, such values are entirely deserving of representation and with Tea for the Tillerman² a whole new generation will discover this album all over again.
This limited edition exclusive version comes pressed on 180g (heavyweight) blue coloured in a 12″ gatefold compostable resealable clear bag with a 304 x 618 double-sided poster, all printed on recycled paper stock.

PJ Harvey fans : UMC/Island and Beggars today announce a comprehensive reissue campaign which will see PJ Harvey’s entire back catalogue – plus her two albums in collaboration with John Parish – released on vinyl over the next 12 months. For the first time, each of PJ Harvey’s album demos will be available as a stand-alone album on vinyl, CD and download.

250 signed copies of demos are available.

So i guess my copy of uh huh her just lost tremendously in worth. Maybe i should flip it fast

Any recs on a good first album to check out by PJ? Never really given her a good listen but would love to know where to start if anybody has recommendations!

Her most accessible album is Stories From The City, so I would start there. Then I'd go to The Hope six Demolition Project. And then... Her discography is very varied so if you liked the rock vibe, go to Dry, Rid Of Me and Úh Huh Her; for the more artistic part, White Chalk and the awful album about England (I'm sorry, I know it's a favorite but I hate it); for the more theatrical, alternative-sound albums, To Bring You My Love and Is this desire

Any recs on a good first album to check out by PJ? Never really given her a good listen but would love to know where to start if anybody has recommendations!

Depends what you like tbh, she goes all over the map. I don’t think she’s released a bad album, hope 6 is a close as it gets and @Waitressboy has is own opinion on Let England Shake which I respect but is pretty much way out there given the universal praise the album has, for the record I love it.

i have a love of discovering artists discographies in order, to see how they develop and Dry is my favourite PJ, it is raw and open and as vital an album as I’ve heard. She developed as an artist in this Style with RId of Me. To Bring You My Love is a left turn to more gothic storytelling style. Is This Desire is another left turn to an, at times, ambient and more electronic style. Stories... Is The Big Hit laden straight rock album. Uh Huh Her is a more tender, and at times raw album and white chalk is a piano led album with a quiet haunting gothic feeling. Let England Shake is a beautiful and profound artistic statement against war. Hope Six was a concept album made following travelling though places like Afghanistan that didn’t quite hit the mark, the accompanying film was much better.

I sincerely believe that she’s one of the most important artists of the past 30 years.

Last edited:
Depends what you like tbh, she goes all over the map. I don’t think she’s released a bad album, hope 6 is a close as it gets and @Waitressboy has is own opinion on Let England Shake which I respect but is pretty much way out there given the universal praise the album has, for the record I love it.

i have a love of discovering artists discographies in order, to see how they develop and Dry is my favourite PJ, it is raw and open and as vital an album as I’ve heard. She developed as an artist in this Style with RId of Me. To Bring You My Love is a left turn to more gothic storytelling style. Is This Desire is another left turn to an, at times, ambient and more electronic style. Stories... Is The Big Hit laden straight rock album. Uh Huh Her is a more tender, and at times raw album and white chalk is a piano led album with a quiet haunting gothic feeling. Let England Shake is a beautiful and profound artistic statement against war. Hope Six was a concept album made following travelling though places like Afghanistan that didn’t quite hit the mark, the accompanying film was much better.

I sincerely believe that she’s one of the most important artists of the past 30 years.
Don't forget her two collaborative albums with John parish which are great as well

Back