Pre-Order Thread

The moment you’ve been waiting for is here:

Fiona Apple - Fetch The Bolt Cutters
Finally available to pre-order from your favourite stores.

...so how do I cancel my Musictoday pre-order? :censored:

🎉 That's good news - glad it paid off for those that err'd on the side of another opportunity to get it, stunning album. £28.95 from Rough Trade with the cheaper shipping option vs. £33.36 I was charged from Musictoday. If it arrives without issue then I'm not going to lose sleep over locking it down earlier.

Finally available to pre-order from your favourite stores.

...so how do I cancel my Musictoday pre-order? :censored:

I was happy for a minute about Rough Trade carrying this, but their shipping costs are truly terrible.
I think that they are now calculating shipping of 2XLP records as 2 separate albums.
the cost comes up to more than 12.5 GBP for me/15 Euro (from UK to Ireland)

HHV ships multiple albums for 9.99€.
so I'll wait for other sellers to carry her album.

patience....

I was happy for a minute about Rough Trade carrying this, but their shipping costs are truly terrible.
I think that they are now calculating shipping of 2XLP records as 2 separate albums.

patience....

This is why I always use parcel motel for rough trade. Their first class uk shipping is roughly £5 and then the €3.95 to parcel motel

1587389836721.png

patience....
resident to the rescue, with flat shipping fee of 7.20 GBP for Europe!

Damn...wish I had seen this one sooner but I ordered from his bandcamp instead which is ltd to 400:

THIS MONTH’S WINNING TITLE

1587409516424.png

Machine Head Burn My Eyes

Pre-order now before it's gone forever.
43Days

09Hours
56Minutes
45Seconds
PRE-ORDER NOW

1587409434526.png

THIS MONTH’S WINNING TITLE

View attachment 42362

Machine Head Burn My Eyes

Pre-order now before it's gone forever.
43Days

09Hours
56Minutes
45Seconds
PRE-ORDER NOW

View attachment 42358

I voted for that Owsley album again. One of my all-time favorites.

I think this is the perfect place to post the link. We come here to learn about opportunities to grab new stuff and to my thinking that's well within the spirit of trying to maintain an icon. I've never been to an Amoeba store but I certainly have ordered from them quite a bit over the years. Would be a shame to see them go.

Not a pre-order but

I have a question about vinyl releases for video game music. The collectors of these records seem rabid, which makes sense, because gaming is obviously a huge industry with a devoted fanbase. It makes me curious about the music itself. Is this something I should be checking out, as a music lover with interests in many different musical genres? And since I don't play video games, how do I even begin to learn about the games with the best music? I guess, since I'm clueless, I'm skeptical as to whether the video game vinyl releases that people go crazy for are actually bc the quality of the music vs their love of the game itself, and desire to own its associated collectibles.

I've had this question forever, but under stay-at-home-times I've begun chatting with friends while watching them play games over twitch, and my interest was peaked by the music for the game Shadow of the Colossus, which was really cool.
Chiming in way late on this comment, but I fully feel that music in games is entirely worth your time. The music is as varied as the different types of games out there, and many soundtracks stand up on their own, and sound great on vinyl. While modern music can pull off just about anything, the stuff that is really interesting to me is the music of the 80's and 90's. The hardware was extremely limited, and artists were able to squeeze incredible sounds out of so little. I was playing Final Fantasy 15 this weekend, which lets you listen to selections from all past games, and I was reminded of how Final Fantasy 6's soundtrack simulated an opera on the Super Nintendo. I haven't played 6 in years, so this was a fun reminder of how incredible music composition was in those days. Not trying to downplay anything modern, just wanted to highlight how stricter limitation produced some very interesting works.

One channel on Youtube that I really like is 8-Bit Music Theory, who goes in depth into the music in all sorts of games. A lot of the theory of it goes way over my head, but the in depth discussions of some of my favorite music only makes me appreciate it more. On top of that, every game he's covered is worth your time as a whole. One of my favorites is a recent video about a Beach Boys re-imagining in Bioshock Infinite. Made me appreciate the work put into the cover, but also the brilliance of the original that my amateur ears would never have picked up on.

Also, if you want any recommendations on personal favorites, let me know!

Chiming in way late on this comment, but I fully feel that music in games is entirely worth your time. The music is as varied as the different types of games out there, and many soundtracks stand up on their own, and sound great on vinyl. While modern music can pull off just about anything, the stuff that is really interesting to me is the music of the 80's and 90's. The hardware was extremely limited, and artists were able to squeeze incredible sounds out of so little. I was playing Final Fantasy 15 this weekend, which lets you listen to selections from all past games, and I was reminded of how Final Fantasy 6's soundtrack simulated an opera on the Super Nintendo. I haven't played 6 in years, so this was a fun reminder of how incredible music composition was in those days. Not trying to downplay anything modern, just wanted to highlight how stricter limitation produced some very interesting works.

One channel on Youtube that I really like is 8-Bit Music Theory, who goes in depth into the music in all sorts of games. A lot of the theory of it goes way over my head, but the in depth discussions of some of my favorite music only makes me appreciate it more. On top of that, every game he's covered is worth your time as a whole. One of my favorites is a recent video about a Beach Boys re-imagining in Bioshock Infinite. Made me appreciate the work put into the cover, but also the brilliance of the original that my amateur ears would never have picked up on.

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is a favorite of mine. Also Chrono Trigger and Mega Man 2 & 3

Castlevania Symphony of the Night is a favorite of mine. Also Chrono Trigger and Mega Man 2 & 3

Thanks to everyone who replied to this inquiry over the last couple of weeks, super helpful. I'm going to put together a playlist with a bunch of these recs now. I have a feeling I'll enjoy a lot of this music even if I haven't played the game, especially since some electronic musicians I love seem like they make music for video games anyway - here's looking at you Com Truise.

Thanks to everyone who replied to this inquiry over the last couple of weeks, super helpful. I'm going to put together a playlist with a bunch of these recs now. I have a feeling I'll enjoy a lot of this music even if I haven't played the game, especially since some electronic musicians I love seem like they make music for video games anyway - here's looking at you Com Truise.
There's a great many to check out across a gigantic range of styles, glad to see you're open to trying!

There's so much to choose from but will add a couple to the list to start.

Destiny & Destiny 2 have phenomenal soundtracks:

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine too:

Back