Pre-Order Thread

Sad they stopped their free shipping over $50 deal and recently upped their online prices across the board. Ordered a ton from them before they did. Toronto institution though, hope they make it through this.
Wait, they stopped the free shipping over $50? They said on their Instagram that they upped the prices in order to do free shipping.

Soul Step Records is proud to announce the release of the latest physical release from Ohio’s own This Pine Box. The collaboration brings two of the newest tracks from This Pine Box on vinyl. Those who have fallen in love with This Pine Box over the years of rigorous Midwest touring will love “Would You Walk” and “What Can I Say.” These two tracks were produced by John Curley of The Afghan Whigs.

You can come join the convo about Soul Step in the Vinyl Clubs section of the site.

This Pine Box is for fans of Dawes, CAAMP, and Rainbow Kitten Surprise. The A-Side, “Would You Walk,” will feel very familiar to those who loved their recent LP release. Lead Singer Jake Knight finds another ear worm that will have you singing along in no time. The track continues to build to a fever pitch, giving way to an outstanding guitar solo to carry you away.

The B-Side track, “What Can I Say” presents that familiar Midwest rock sound that we have come to know from This Pine Box, but we get to hear some new sounds on this track as well as a full horn section swells along with the chorus.

This Pine Box occupies a space somewhere between 70’s inspired classic rock and modern, danceable pop rock. This 45 showcases This Pine Box’s ability to write catchy hooks, meaningful lyrics, and alluring melodies.

Soul Step Records will be releasing “Would You Walk / “What Can I Say” from This Pine Box to Soul Step Record Subscribers on Saturday, April 18th. The general public sale will begin on Monday, April 20th.

IMG_8717.jpgIMG_8712.jpg

Fair warning that it's only digital & cassette for now, but new project for those who fondly recall 90's post-punk/indie rock

Ghost Work

It's Aaron Stauffer (Seaweed/Gardener), Erin Tate (These Arms Are Snakes/Minus the Bear), Sean Husick (Milemarker), and Dustin Perry (Snapcase). I know at least a couple of the guys, Aaron and Erin, are healthcare workers, and Aaron wrote a nice note to others on the front lines of the pandemic.

Videos from their 2017 demos

I seriously love all those bands those they came from. In particular I really loved Seaweed. I gotta check this out!

1587141234343.png

I have no clue who that even is.
You do. You may not know that you do, but you must. She's everywhere.

giphy.gif

Some more New West Variants of new albums.

1587150625108.png

1587150637446.png

So Sonic Boom in Toronto just got their copies of the indie version of The Strokes. Ordered my copy from them last night and it's already shipped.

Thanks for the tip on this! I didn't pre-order but really enjoyed it when I finally got to listen to the whole thing. By then it seemed as though these were gone. Happy to snag one!

Back