Machine Head Burn My Eyes

Pre-order now before it's gone forever.
43Days

09Hours
56Minutes
45Seconds
PRE-ORDER NOW

View attachment 42358

Great now I’ve got a Bush song stuck in my head for the rest of the morning.

There's a great many to check out across a gigantic range of styles, glad to see you're open to trying!

There's so much to choose from but will add a couple to the list to start.

Destiny & Destiny 2 have phenomenal soundtracks:

Where the Water Tastes Like Wine too:

really wish I would have grabbed this on vinyl when I had the chance. Wasn’t into vinyl yet.

Amoeba: Wait, so some of these emergency funds will be used to help facilitate a move to a new location? I know nothing about the background here but also how do they have 400 employees. Am I missing something? They have three stores right? Christ.

ga-20-live-vol-1-teal-vinyl

GA-20

Live Vol. 1 (teal vinyl)
BLUES
COLEMINE MUSIC 110LP-C1
UPC: 674862654826
Release Date: 6/12/2020

I was happy for a minute about Rough Trade carrying this, but their shipping costs are truly terrible.
I think that they are now calculating shipping of 2XLP records as 2 separate albums.
the cost comes up to more than 12.5 GBP for me/15 Euro (from UK to Ireland)

HHV ships multiple albums for 9.99€.
so I'll wait for other sellers to carry her album.

patience....

FWIW, when ordering from Rough Trade, I usually spend 50£ to get free UK shipping, and use a parcel motel address, so the overall shipping is less than 4€.

Amoeba: Wait, so some of these emergency funds will be used to help facilitate a move to a new location? I know nothing about the background here but also how do they have 400 employees. Am I missing something? They have three stores right? Christ.

Just to clear things up here, as Amoeba Hollywood was my local store for 7 years and it's probably my favorite place on earth:

They have 400 employees because their stores are HUGE. There are ~20 cashier lanes, multiple people at the buy counter, 15-20 staff members throughout the store (and all of them have alternates because no one works every day, so maybe triple or quadrupel those numbers) people on the accounting/business side, people on their social team, people on their video team, the executive board, the maintenance crew, etc. And that's just one of the 3 stores.

Yes, they're a massive organization, but NO they didn't lose any heart. They started tiny and expanded by being pillars of their respective arts communities and they always gave back to artists big and small in a variety of ways. They're, in my opinion, the most important record store in the entire world.

RE: The move - they aren't moving by choice. They were ousted from their historic spot in the middle of Hollywood by some developers who want to turn it into apartments -- and the lease is up in a few months. They found a new spot they are moving to not that far away and not much smaller, which means it's probably quite expensive -- and then COVID hit. This is the WORST timing for them, because all 3 stores are shut down and cannot do business anywhere but online (which has slowed down for a myriad of reasons) and they need to pay current overhead/raise funds in prep for the move.

This could be the perfect storm that could put them out of business if some big-wig musician friends/labels don't step up and help them out. Just because they're bigger than your local mom and pop store doesn't make them any less valuable to the heart of the commmunity and I will be devastated if they don't make it.

ga-20-live-vol-1-teal-vinyl
GA-20

Live Vol. 1 (teal vinyl)
BLUES
COLEMINE MUSIC 110LP-C1
UPC: 674862654826
Release Date: 6/12/2020

What in the what ? @Lee Newman
We knew this was coming. Also @gregathon already did the math on this. Shops just listing what they’re starting the process of ordering on. I’ll be ordering direct from @Plaid Room / Colemine as usual when they announce.

They have 400 employees because their stores are HUGE. There are ~20 cashier lanes, multiple people at the buy counter, 15-20 staff members throughout the store (and all of them have alternates because no one works every day, so maybe triple or quadrupel those numbers) people on the accounting/business side, people on their social team, people on their video team, the executive board, the maintenance crew, etc. And that's just one of the 3 stores.

I saw an article this morning (and now I can't find it) that said the Amoeba in Hollywood employs 300 people alone between the store and the warehouse, and that most of them are full-time employees. I've been to all three Amoeba locations, but even I never thought they'd have that many people on staff.

I guess at this point, they've shut down their stores, with only mail order still going, but I wonder if there was any way they could have stayed open in some limited capacity like a couple of other record stores I've frequented in the past (Phono Select here in Sacramento and Port Of Sound down in Costa Mesa).

Wait, so some of these emergency fund will be used to help facilitate a move to a new location? I know nothing about the background here but also how do they have 400 employees. Am I missing something? They have three stores right?
I saw an article this morning (and now I can't find it) that said the Amoeba in Hollywood employs 300 people alone between the store and the warehouse, and that most of them are full-time employees. I've been to all three Amoeba locations, but even I never thought they'd have that many people on staff.

I guess at this point, they've shut down their stores, with only mail order still going, but I wonder if there was any way they could have stayed open in some limited capacity like a couple of other record stores I've frequented in the past (Phono Select here in Sacramento and Port Of Sound down in Costa Mesa).
that is just an absolutely crazy number of employees. Good luck to anyone finding that help thing and I hope they pull through but you’ll struggle to find many regular high street stores with that many employees, that is actually incredible.
I hear all the folks that love that store but I think generally it’s going to be difficult for a lot of businesses when unfortunately pretty much the exact same product can be bought elsewhere both online and in Other much loved physical stores.
looking for nearly half a million is insane.
business needs to cut its cloth accordingly.
that doesn’t mean I don’t think it’s sad but jeezus a recordshop with that many overheads is beyond my comprehension.
like I said, good luck to them.

Last edited:
Agreed! I have SotN on vinyl, and the Chrono Cross/Chrono Trigger vinyl is one of my white whales.
This one?
I couldn't believe how much that went up after I bought it. I think it's was 50-ish dollars on Squares website and I thought "You know what, I love this music... I'll splurge." Now it's more than tripled in value. I'll let you know if I'm ever forced to sell my collection.

I just got this 10" in the mail yesterday. It's pretty rad.

Guardia: The X-Strike Sessions by The Yetee

This one?
I couldn't believe how much that went up after I bought it. I think it's was 50-ish dollars on Squares website and I thought "You know what, I love this music... I'll splurge." Now it's more than tripled in value. I'll let you know if I'm ever forced to sell my collection.

I just got this 10" in the mail yesterday. It's pretty rad.

Guardia: The X-Strike Sessions by The Yetee
Yup, that's the one. I saw the email of it for sale a day late. Last time I saw it listed for sale on Discogs it was over $500. Looks like the last one sold was for $400.

Minus The Bear - Acoustics

FINALLY GETTING REISSUED!!

ssq_mtb_Acoustics_seaBone.jpg

ssq_mtb_Acoustics_yellow.jpg

1000 on bone in blue

300 on opaque yellow (Suicide Squeeze exclusive)

---

acoustics-1024x1024_1024x1024.png

200 on pink and olive split (direct-from-band exclusive

Another variant of this album since the last ones sold out.

1587491170706.png

Back