Pre-Order Thread

Ugh I'd really love to know if VMP or anyone else is planning on releasing an exclusive. If you have some experience with Fiona albums on Vinyl, then you know that you have to grab them while they're available.

Even the VMP versions were on black vinyl. She's never done a colored pressing. If I had to bet I'd say there's no VMP exclusive but obviously I have no idea.

Ugh I'd really love to know if VMP or anyone else is planning on releasing an exclusive. If you have some experience with Fiona albums on Vinyl, then you know that you have to grab them while they're available.
Even if they would just sell the regular copy, it'll save international customers a lot of money...

Awake in the middle of the night, going back and forth on spending $77 shipped (that is, I think the costs are in AUD, if not then $122 shipped) for an anniversary edition of one of my top 5 want list albums bundled with a shirt that won’t fit me because I didn’t check my email before I went to bed early last night.

Mercyful Fate (with legendary singer King Diamond) is releasing some limited, colored vinyl reissues of four of their classic records, Melissa, Beginning, Don't Break The Oath and Return of the Vampire! Absolute black metal classics 🤘

@Murfocakes If you're missing any of these, especially Melissa, I'd highly recommend them

Mercyful Fate (with legendary singer King Diamond) is releasing some limited, colored vinyl reissues of four of their classic records, Melissa, Beginning, Don't Break The Oath and Return of the Vampire! Absolute black metal classics 🤘

@Murfocakes If you're missing any of these, especially Melissa, I'd highly recommend them

I haven’t any of these and on your recommendation Will buy Melissa at least

Why oh why does it have to be Musictoday?
Terrible customer service, bad packaging, no ROW store and no cancellation (if the record should show up being available to the rest of the world)...
I'd really not prefer to gamble on this record, but given my experience with them, I feel that I don't have a choice.

I’m sure there will be an international edition but I have nightmares of this becoming a Blonde and disappearing from sale.

I mean I’m obvi gonna buy this record. It’s phenomenal. It’s HIGHLY unlikely VMP would have a variant. But damn $35 is a lot. That said I spent almost $50 on Norman Fucking Rockwell last year.

I’m sure there will be an international edition but I have nightmares of this becoming a Blonde and disappearing from sale.
This is my thought. I would have expected the rollout to have happened if this was going to be elsewhere to capitalize on the first 10.0 from Pitchfork in a decade. I think it might be the pre-orders and that's it

Awake in the middle of the night, going back and forth on spending $77 shipped (that is, I think the costs are in AUD, if not then $122 shipped) for an anniversary edition of one of my top 5 want list albums bundled with a shirt that won’t fit me because I didn’t check my email before I went to bed early last night.

Steve Goodman was a well regarded folk singer with a number of satirical songs on life. Being a few decades ago, he wrote a song about repeatedly waking up and finding out he had ordered every late night TV Infomercieral item in his sleep while sleep walking as consumer goods start arriving at his door. Buying records in the 21st is kind of like that. New and Used vinyl pops up from all over the world on your interest directed internet feeds. And, it is just one click away 24/7. I know I'm guilty of some occasional late night buying (last night for example). I'll bet if Steve G was alive today he would write an extended verse to poke a little fun at our "condition".

This is my thought. I would have expected the rollout to have happened if this was going to be elsewhere to capitalize on the first 10.0 from Pitchfork in a decade. I think it might be the pre-orders and that's it

That's pretty much what happened with The Idler Wheel, IIRC. people had to wait like five years for it to be on stores again.

I mean I’m obvi gonna buy this record. It’s phenomenal. It’s HIGHLY unlikely VMP would have a variant. But damn $35 is a lot. That said I spent almost $50 on Norman Fucking Rockwell last year.
Yep, I'm not risking missing out on this record. 40 USD shipped to Europe is actually pretty decent for a 2LP imho

Back