Pre-Order Thread

Anyone know about Opal reissues? I only saw CD.

"Early Recordings and Happy Nightmare Baby coming soon (3-27-20) from Salley Gardens Publishing"

edit: (found text)

via Ned on FB:

Pat Thomas just posted a note including this: "I manage Kendra. There will be some news soon about Opal reissues. Please do NOT ask me any more details about the release of Opal at this time. Roback made some magical music (with many of my close friends) - my favorite is the early Opal material."

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure she's only releasing the song atm. Music News websites have mentioned it's part of her new album so I'm just here waiting for something to pop up somewhere.
So add that to the list of Matt Berninger and Hamilton Leithauser. Release a song but no album info, even tho, the new song is for the album 😅

New CSH track could be a nice track in the flow of a full album but, as a single, it doesn't really do much for me on its own. I could be intrigued by a more subtle, twinkling record that's greater than the sum of its parts though, so I'll keep paying attention.

I'm pretty sure she's only releasing the song atm. Music News websites have mentioned it's part of her new album so I'm just here waiting for something to pop up somewhere.

I went through the Dead Oceans post carefully and there's really no mention of a new album anywhere. I wonder if they're waiting until she finishes opening for The 1975 at the end of June so she's free to promote it with her own tour dates.

Back