Pre-Order Thread

New Maddie + Tae album for the country music fans out there. Signed too

No link yet but lookout for preorders for the new Car Seat Headrest album any moment now...
Highly recommended.

Car Seat Headrest - Making A Door Less Open

csh_newpink.jpg

Highly recommended.

Car Seat Headrest - Making A Door Less Open

csh_newpink.jpg
I dont know how I feel about the single. It's a little more polished than I want from CSH. it's not bad, just not what I was expecting

New Shabazz Palaces

I dont know how I feel about the single. It's a little more polished than I want from CSH. it's not bad, just not what I was expecting
New song is /okay/, going to wait and see how the rest of the album is first
Kinda sounds like the equivalent of him taking a break from Car Seat Headrest to make a side project album under the moniker The Postal Service.

New Shabazz Palaces
Oh boy, oh boy. :D
Although the last ones didn't really hold up that well - for me at least...
But I love their groovy groove.

Kinda sounds like the equivalent of him taking a break from Car Seat Headrest to make a side project album under the moniker The Postal Service.
According to the press release, you're pretty close:

Created over the course of four years, Making a Door Less Open is the result of a fruitful “collaboration” between Car Seat Headrest, led by Will Toledo, and 1 Trait Danger, a CSH electronic side project consisting of drummer Andrew Katz and Toledo’s alternative persona, “Trait.” To realize this, the band recorded the album twice: once live with guitars, drums and bass, and once in a MIDI environment using purely synthesized sounds. During the mixing process, the two approaches were gradually combined using elements of each, with additional overdubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the label puts out both of the other "versions" of the album within the next year or so

Black Up is the only Shabazz album I love from start to finish, but everyone has a few songs I enjoy. Shine a Light off the last one is a fantastic song.
Samesies. My copy of Black Up must've holes in it.
How about one of those anniversary pressings (record turns 10 next year) that are so famous these days? :p
And Shine a Light was one of 2017's jams!

New West Records roster just keeps getting better and better.

1582733379381.png

According to the press release, you're pretty close:

Created over the course of four years, Making a Door Less Open is the result of a fruitful “collaboration” between Car Seat Headrest, led by Will Toledo, and 1 Trait Danger, a CSH electronic side project consisting of drummer Andrew Katz and Toledo’s alternative persona, “Trait.” To realize this, the band recorded the album twice: once live with guitars, drums and bass, and once in a MIDI environment using purely synthesized sounds. During the mixing process, the two approaches were gradually combined using elements of each, with additional overdubs.

I wouldn't be surprised if the label puts out both of the other "versions" of the album within the next year or so
With the recent Perfume Genius single release, it's like CSH and PF switched styles... lol

New Shabazz Palaces album coming out soon. Loser edition available over at Subpop.

shabazz-donofdiamonddreams-loser-mockup.jpg

Back