Pre-Order Thread

Minus The Bear - Acoustics

FINALLY GETTING REISSUED!!

ssq_mtb_Acoustics_seaBone.jpg

ssq_mtb_Acoustics_yellow.jpg

1000 on bone in blue

300 on opaque yellow (Suicide Squeeze exclusive)

---

acoustics-1024x1024_1024x1024.png

200 on pink and olive split (direct-from-band exclusive

Minus The Bear - Acoustics

FINALLY GETTING REISSUED!!

ssq_mtb_Acoustics_seaBone.jpg

ssq_mtb_Acoustics_yellow.jpg

1000 on bone in blue

300 on opaque yellow (Suicide Squeeze exclusive)

---

acoustics-1024x1024_1024x1024.png

200 on pink and olive split (direct-from-band exclusive

Just came here to post this. Fucking finally! I almost bought a copy a year or so ago for like $55. Glad I didn’t.

I saw them open for the faint and I couldn’t keep a straight face watching their set
Smiling from enjoyment or laughing from awkwardness? They've always sounded great to me! Adam has one of the best voices. I got a good chuckle over some of the thirsty gals at their last show in town loudly swooning over him.

Knowing literally nothing about this band and listening to this song I am getting what I would call Tycho meets post-rock vibes. And I REALLY dig it!
YES! This new album is going to have more keyboard if their last tour was any indication, so expect more Tycho vibes.
These gents never fail to impress me. They started originally as a quartet, but lost their bass player early on, right before a tour. Since then, they've trucked it as a trio, so I got to see them pivot with their live sets. And now to see them adding keys to the live mix is super exciting.

Their first album Life in Cycles is an all-time favorite of mine. Their second, No Clearance, really seems to get a lot of plays from people on Last.FM.

Smiling from enjoyment or laughing from awkwardness? They've always sounded great to me! Adam has one of the best voices. I got a good chuckle over some of the thirsty gals at their last show in town loudly swooning over him.

just laughing at their whole 80s schtick.

Not a pre-order...but some psychedelic stoner rock.

Fans of The Black Angels and/or King Buffalo would definitely enjoy. Adrian Quesada from the Black Pumas produced/engineered/played on the album as well.

Aunt Cynthia's Cabin - Misty Woman

ACC-MistyWoman.jpg

Anyone know if Amazon sells the same Colored versions as listed in the Prince website in the past?

I want it really bad but I have relatively clean originals of the three albums and not sure how much I will listen to the extras. Plus I can’t afford it. But from what I hear, it is a fantastic package. Do you know if they will break out the albums any time from the box?

Same but i splurged in this one because i was sad I missed out on Volume 1 and these albums are all so great. They really should do individual reissues though.

Anyone know if Amazon sells the same Colored versions as listed in the Prince website in the past?
IDK, I was wondering the same thing. I placed my order for The Rainbow Children on Amazon, but it doesn't have any specifics about the vinyl. Considering canceling the order and ordering from the Prince website.

Reactions: DK3
@dhodo @TenderLovingKiller®

Nice to see some Man Man appreciation in here. Ryan is great. Although I don't believe that he ever publicly discussed it, the reason that he released a "solo" album as Honus is because, although the drummer, Pow Pow, didn't play anymore and it was always Ryan's project, he was creating some obstacles for him as far as the rights to the Man Man name. It's since been resolved.

I need to see the documentary about him that was released. The trailer features my friend interviewing him in a van in front of the Tractor Tavern in Seattle before a Honus Honus show we went to. She was a big fan, so I set up an interview for her to conduct with him for my website around the release of On Oni Pond. From there, they became friends, so he asked her to do this interview to be posted on the site and for the doc, years later.

I photoshopped this picture for the first interview

furby-flame.jpg

Aw man you destroyed the illusion. Couldn’t ya just let me believe the interview took place in some sort of dark furbee infested hellscape?

That image is from the first interview. That one did take place in a Furbee infested Hellscape -- the only photoshop work was to remove the neo nazi tats off one of the Furbees. It was the 2nd interview that took place in the van.

Back