Pre-Order Thread

It's definitely a problem that there's no hype for their exclusives. And it's a problem they largely created for themselves by shutting down the forum. Storf going on reddit was a band-aid solution, and now that's done, too.

And yeah, they're overproducing and a lot of the stuff is not exactly "exclusive" when it's just one of half a dozen color variants. They're becoming Newbury; and they're not as good at it as Newbury is.
Hit the nail on the head. Killing the forum might have been one of the worst moves they have made. I still argue that they are losing a lot of money because of that. There is zero excitement about exclusives. I used to take a chance on exclusives I wasn’t super familiar with because they were in the $20 price range. Now that they are $34 for a single LP, there’s no way in hell i am buying anything unless it’s a must have. And even then, it’s likely that some other place like RT will have another exclusive and they don’t charge until it ships and is cheaper or the same price because VMP builds shipping costs in more now.

Store exclusive drops are random times/days now, most I don’t get emails for and only see them because somebody posts on reddit. I even appreciated Storf’s heads up postings with pictures the day before because at least some excitement could build and I could check out the music beforehand. Now it really is just a Newbury Comics type business. I think Still Woozy was their last true exclusive.

Hell yes! New Vasudeva on the way, too. Caught a preview of their new material on their latest tour with Covet, and it made me so hype for this (besides the fact that they are always one of my faves). Best vibes ONLY.

Knowing literally nothing about this band and listening to this song I am getting what I would call Tycho meets post-rock vibes. And I REALLY dig it!

Now it really is just a Newbury Comics type business.
Yup, and like I said - VMP's issue is that they're nowhere near as good at the game as Newbury is, nor do they have enough bandwidth or capital to compete on that level.

This is what bad businesses do when they grow beyond their initial mission - they make bad decisions that ultimately destroy their profitability.

Not to say they can't get back on track, but the direction they're trying to go is going to end badly for them.

Yup, and like I said - VMP's issue is that they're nowhere near as good at the game as Newbury is, nor do they have enough bandwidth or capital to compete on that level.

This is what bad businesses do when they grow beyond their initial mission - they make bad decisions that ultimately destroy their profitability.

Not to say they can't get back on track, but the direction they're trying to go is going to end badly for them.
Yea. It is quite a bit painful to see them shoot themselves in the foot over and over again since the majority of issues they have had were all self-inflicted. I want them to succeed because I really loved the company when I first subbed years ago.

Back