Pre-Order Thread

Exactly and a lot of that stuff would sell if they just had a fire sale. They would move inventory and get a nice little bump in capital. I can’t imagine they are getting sales on any of those old ROTMs from month to month. Maybe a small handful from swaps and that’s it. That, and it’s hard to search the store, especially on mobile. Honestly, the new store is god awful.

The problem with sales after they jacked up the prices last year is that you would see albums "on sale" that were still more expensive than they haf been before they did that. Remember when they dropped Riding Dirty and there was pushback on the price? Now they're trying to sell single disc releases for the same amount

anyone remember the Stranger Things soundtrack Variant Madness of 2016?

That's where I learned my lesson. Got 6 ordered and they just kept on coming... Now I only have one and thinking about selling it lol

Exactly and a lot of that stuff would sell if they just had a fire sale. They would move inventory and get a nice little bump in capital. I can’t imagine they are getting sales on any of those old ROTMs from month to month. Maybe a small handful from swaps and that’s it. That, and it’s hard to search the store, especially on mobile. Honestly, the new store is god awful.

Lol why would they do this when they can continually drain the swap choices dry until you have to buy one.

And to those to say they arent- look at all the albums that could be swaps, or are swaps if you email CS, and the "one and done" swap system. They are playing musical chairs FOMO now

Does anyone else feel like there is no hype at all for store drops now that it is random? That and releasing color variants several days (or weeks) after other color variants are already available is kind of weird too. I feel like they are releasing way too many exclusives.
It's definitely a problem that there's no hype for their exclusives. And it's a problem they largely created for themselves by shutting down the forum. Storf going on reddit was a band-aid solution, and now that's done, too.

And yeah, they're overproducing and a lot of the stuff is not exactly "exclusive" when it's just one of half a dozen color variants. They're becoming Newbury; and they're not as good at it as Newbury is.

Lol why would they do this when they can continually drain the swap choices dry until you have to buy one.5
The reason why is that they fear losing subscribers. Which is probably going to happen if swaps aren't good this month. Non-hardcore-VMPers aren't likely to stick around given this month's choices.

It's definitely a problem that there's no hype for their exclusives. And it's a problem they largely created for themselves by shutting down the forum. Storf going on reddit was a band-aid solution, and now that's done, too.

And yeah, they're overproducing and a lot of the stuff is not exactly "exclusive" when it's just one of half a dozen color variants. They're becoming Newbury; and they're not as good at it as Newbury is.

The reason why is that they fear losing subscribers. Which is probably going to happen if swaps aren't good this month. Non-hardcore-VMPers aren't likely to stick around given this month's choices.
Personally speaking (and I am one that has been miffed at VMP for a while now for one reason or another), I've maintained intrigue into what they're releasing until quite recently. I feel like it's a combination of their lackluster info delivery, exorbitant to the point of being laughable prices, and an increasing number of alternative (and frequently more aesthetically pleasing) colorway options popping up all over the place. It's fun to be able to watch all of the variants pop up as new releases get announced and pounce on the coolest one. And on the rare occasion maybe VMP gets one right, I pick my second favorite because I just straight up don't care for the company they've become.

I think this is logical, but I think this logic requires a level of self awareness that I just do not think VMP has. They have customers locked in months at a time. I don't think any of their actions have shown a vested interest in beefing up swaps.

What are this month's choices. Blazing Arrow is one of them, right?

Well... I sure with that Rowland Howard made it to swaps and didn'tsell out. I've been waiting for a repress of that for years and then didn't want to spend the money at the time, because I am an idiot. I did, however, cart it and think about it for days. Then, when I tried to get it... oops. Shopify makes it look like it's still in stock until you try to check out. In fact, it's still fake in my cart right now.

The blue seems to be gone everywhere too, now. Hopefully, that Sun Ra isn't moving very quickly

Well... I sure with that Rowland Howard made it to swaps and didn'tsell out. I've been waiting for a repress of that for years and then didn't want to spend the money at the time, because I am an idiot. I did, however, cart it and think about it for days. Then, when I tried to get it... oops. Shopify makes it look like it's still in stock until you try to check out. In fact, it's still fake in my cart right now.

The blue seems to be gone everywhere too, now. Hopefully, that Sun Ra isn't moving very quickly
I think the Sun Ra is being released elsewhere and it hasn’t seemed too buzzy but ya never know.

Hell yes! New Vasudeva on the way, too. Caught a preview of their new material on their latest tour with Covet, and it made me so hype for this (besides the fact that they are always one of my faves). Best vibes ONLY.

Back