Pre-Order Thread

Stand By Me [180 gm LP Coloured Vinyl]
Limited edition of 1000 individually numbered copies on transparent blue vinyl

2783_foto2_product_xl.jpg

Ok, so I logged into the VMP site and I haven't been a member signed up since about October or November of last year. Anyway I just wanted to see if they were selling the Roland S. Howard record to the public and not just members only. Checking out the site it said members only. Ok... So when I clicked on the page anyway to look at the record it said that I could add it to my basket...

What gives?

Even though I haven't paid to be a monthly member in a while it's allowing me to buy it anyway? I haven't been charged anything since I canceled my membership.

I did happen to click on the link to sign up for a membership just so I can see if it would allow me to get back on the month-to-month payment plan, but I don't know if I saw that option anymore for me.

I was "grandfathered" in before.

Ugh, I hope I haven't been charged for anything.

Welcome to the new VMP website. This has been a thing since the migration where previous members could still buy items marked as "Members Only". Though I think it would charge you shipping because you are not an active member.

Welcome to the new VMP website. This has been a thing since the migration where previous members could still buy items marked as "Members Only". Though I think it would charge you shipping because you are not an active member.
Yeah I just took the time out to try that and it is going to charge me shipping. Someone on the VMP reddit posted a discount code which pretty much took off 6 bucks so shipping was covered so now it's about $29.75.

Since I didn’t see this posted yet, I figured I would step in and let y’all know.

Remember The Format? Nate Ruess’s band from the early 2000s? After a disagreement they partedways and FUN. was created. That’s to make a long story short BUT, they had a DVD out in 2007 where he did the entirety of their album Dog Problems live at The Mayan Theater with some extra songs tacked on at the end. This is probably the 2nd release of any of their music live.

If you’re still a fan, here is some tasty links:

View attachment 30100

Dog Problems Live at The Mayan Theater

Encore show Vinyl

Enjoy!

Here is what ya need to click on to turn Amazon.jp to English. Good Luck!
Image 1-22-20 at 3.49 PM.jpeg

For real. I had this Cd back when I was just a wee pop fan. Underrated Pop album written off just because It was Paris Hilton (though we’ll see how it holds up)
Awwww that’s so cute! Maybe I do actually need to check it out! 😅

But do you think it’s a ‘great’ album or just a ‘good’ album? 🤔

Awwww that’s so cute! Maybe I do actually need to check it out! 😅

But do you think it’s a ‘great’ album or just a ‘good’ album? 🤔

lol good. Definitely not great. And very 2000s. But considering I was in my late teens/early 20s at that time, nostalgia helps me appreciate the somewhat dated sound.
Not sure how it would hold up without that.

never heard the paris hilton album one thing it does have going for it is it has Scott Storch production all over it.Storch is rumored to be Dr. Dre's go to ghost producer and also rumored to have handled a lot of production on Dre's Chronic 2001 that he did not get credits for allegedly.during the time this album was being made in '04-'06 Storch was one of the top producers in the world.i remember also around the time this album was announced it was being made from multiple media sources DJ Paul & Juicy J (Three 6 Mafia) were suppose to be handling some production, but i see no production or features from them so i guess things didn't work out on the music side of things for the collaboration.

Last edited:
lol good. Definitely not great. And very 2000s. But considering I was in my late teens/early 20s at that time, nostalgia helps me appreciate the somewhat dated sound.
Not sure how it would hold up without that.
I am not in a pop-ist or someone that follows celebrity culture but I recall that after everyone stopped scoffing and rolling their eyes at the prospect of Paris Hilton: Pop Star, it became a semi-hip opinion to give “Stars Are Blind” some respect. Her vocals were as good enough and the song was catchy AF. I can’t speak for the remainder of the album but that song was probably as good as some of Gwen Stefani’s solo material. It’s still a valid summer jam.

View attachment 30153

Matador Exclusive Deluxe Version: Red vinyl stamp numbered edition of 500 with risographed red, white, and black alternate cover.

Traditional Techniques is new phase folk music for new phase folks, with Malkmus as attuned as ever to the rhythms of the ever-evolving lingual slipstream. Instead of roses, briars, and long black veils, prepare for owns, cracked emojis, and shadowbans. Centered around the songwriter’s 12-string acoustic guitar, and informed by a half-century of folk-rock reference points, Traditional Techniques is the product of Malkmus and engineer / arranger Chris Funk (The Decemberists). Playing guitar is friend-to-all-heads Matt Sweeney (Bonnie “Prince” Billy, Chavez, too many others to count), who’d previously crossed paths with Malkmus on the opposite end of the longhairs’ map of the world, most lately gnarling out together back east in the jam conglomerate Endless Boogie.

TRACKLISTING
01. ACC KIRTAN
02. XIAN MAN

03. THE GREATEST OWN IN LEGAL HISTORY
04. CASH UP
05. SHADOWBANNED
06. WHAT KIND OF PERSON
07. FLOWIN’ ROBES
08. BRAINWASHED
09. SIGNAL WESTERN
10. AMBERJACK

I'm pretty bummed about missing the deluxe today

Ok, so I logged into the VMP site and I haven't been a member signed up since about October or November of last year. Anyway I just wanted to see if they were selling the Roland S. Howard record to the public and not just members only. Checking out the site it said members only. Ok... So when I clicked on the page anyway to look at the record it said that I could add it to my basket...

What gives?

Even though I haven't paid to be a monthly member in a while it's allowing me to buy it anyway? I haven't been charged anything since I canceled my membership.

I did happen to click on the link to sign up for a membership just so I can see if it would allow me to get back on the month-to-month payment plan, but I don't know if I saw that option anymore for me.

I was "grandfathered" in before.

Ugh, I hope I haven't been charged for anything.
It seems that if you were a member when the new website launched, you can still buy member exclusives even if you are not a current member.

This is so friggin' awesome! Shoegaze fans need to check this out. One of the classic essentials. Been out of print for many years now.

Music On Vinyl truly is one of the best reissue labels out there.

I checked out Bullmoose and Juno and it's not listed on their sites yet, so stay tuned y'all.

Joni Mitchell's last album, Shine, coming to vinyl for the first time!

Back