Pre-Order Thread

It’s not good either. It’s just there. I love Bon Iver, but at this point, they might be digital only moving forward. Crappy, sub par, not as bad as the last bad pressing just don’t do anything for me anymore.

so what you’re saying is that’s an artist I can keep as a CD artist with no regrets? Phew! My wallet is happy at something it sees on here for a change!

That Weyes Blood just didn't click for me, and now I'm seeing it on all these best-of-the-decade lists... what am I missing? Maybe I'll give it one more shot.
This is me as well. And I've gone back to it multiple times. It's just not my thing I guess. Same is true of the new Angel Olsen.

That Weyes Blood just didn't click for me, and now I'm seeing it on all these best-of-the-decade lists... what am I missing? Maybe I'll give it one more shot.
This is me as well. And I've gone back to it multiple times. It's just not my thing I guess. Same is true of the new Angel Olsen.

I didn't find it spectacular either. Best of the decade it definitely isn't

Guruguru Brain posted this variant of Dhidalah's Threshold on Bandcamp last night.
The standard version's also availble from LiTA here. I'm curious to see what the cosmic splatter looks like.
Image of the variant seems to be up now if it wasn't before. I didn't see this post originally but follow the cover artist on IG and he linked to it.

I had it as my #1 for a while, but I've moved it WAY down in the past few months. Still in my top 40 or so, but I found more captivating albums this year after moving out of my art pop comfort zone.

View attachment 23552

Colored repress just listed today I think. No idea how many they are pressing. I let this slide by last year trying to catch it “on sale”. It sold out fairly quickly and it was gone. Week b4 Black Friday is Not the best timing. Ad blurb says it is only available at artist site. “FREESHIPPING” saves a bit.
Are the Soundgarden curated around Chris' songwriting credits? I've always loved the way Chris crafts a song apart from Kim. Not that Kim isn't an incredible guitarist, just that sometimes his math-rock, difficult to play on purpose becomes difficult to listen to. I never noticed the difference until Audioslave. And also... $300 for 7 lps is just a little hard to swallow, yes?

Are the Soundgarden curated around Chris' songwriting credits? I've always loved the way Chris crafts a song apart from Kim. Not that Kim isn't an incredible guitarist, just that sometimes his math-rock, difficult to play on purpose becomes difficult to listen to. I never noticed the difference until Audioslave. And also... $300 for 7 lps is just a little hard to swallow, yes?

There was a lot of hype around this when it was first released on black vinyl last year. The new repress is the same from what I can tell except for “colored vinyl” so you can find lots of details on content. The cost reflects the extras (book/prints/box) and IMHO Ume price gouging :-(

Not a lot of new material in box. I personally don’t have any Audioslave vinyl. Last time box was widely available at retail so I was holding out to catch a decent discount. “Limited” being a generally abused term when the actual pressing # isn’t specified.

I eventually went to order (discount in hand) and it was sold out....everywhere. Discogs resellers were doubling the already steep cost so I gave it up. This time it may only be available on artist site if the ad-hype is correct.

The only code I could get to work when I bite the big one was the free shipping code. We are heading into prime shopping season so if they don’t sell out again you may get some relief.

1574739420414.png

1574739447990.png

1574739474071.png

1574739503720.png

1574739539463.png

1574739569901.png

1574739824279.png

As someone who has TOTBL in their top 5, I think OLTA is really underrated. Like, it still gets its praise but I see most people rank Antics above it, and I disagree completely. To me, Antics is just a collection of really good songs without much cohesion as a project. OLTA has a pretty similar level of atmosphere that TOTBL has, and it seems to be a much more fully realized album.

Also "All Fired Up" fucking rocks.
Hope they give TOTBL some proper reissue treatment soon. I know they must be sick to death of hearing about that album, but a 2xLP 45RPM pressing would be perfect.
I LOVE this album...I grabbed the smoke version 2 years back and have no complaints

1574790946025.png

WARM / WARMER (dBpm Records) features 22 songs by Jeff Tweedy, including the bonus track, "Drawing From Memory (Charlie)".

This double album package is a limited edition splatter color vinyl. Packaging features a gatefold LP bound like an art book in a linen fabric with metallic embossing, tipped on images and a full book of lyrics, photos and liner notes by George Saunders.

Produced by Jeff Tweedy and Tom Schick at The Loft (Chicago, IL). Mastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering (Portland, ME).

All physical album purchases will include a free digital download.

1574791338165.png

Hello N&G - Wanted to let you know about our next release. Want to find out more about Soul Step Records? Come visit our thread in the vinyl clubs section.

We are back with our THIRD release with Nasvhille’s Pet Envy. Nashville being music city is primarily known for its country music. Pet Envy is putting Nashville on the map for their unique brand of indie pop.

Soul Step Records proudly announces SSR-056, Pet Envy’s newest vinyl release, “Middleman / Rerun.” This 45 is an incredible release full of Nashville Sweet and Sticky Indie Pop.Pet Envy, for fans of early Talking Heads, Matt & Kim, and Ra Ra Riot. This double A-Side 45 has got it all.

“Middleman” is a brooding track that showcases the back and forth vocals of Shelbi Albert and Jake Diggity - a slow burning bruiser that builds to a satisfying peak.

“Rerun” is the scorching track that is on the flip side. Strong guitar work that still has shades of their earlier R&B influenced music. A great sing-along that will get any party jumping.

Available to Soul Step Subscribers on November 30th and to the general public on December 1st. There will be a limited to 100 variant of this vinyl on Creamsicle Orange vinyl. The remaining run will be on Black vinyl.

IMG_7613.jpg

Back