Pre-Order Thread

Coming out on December 4th, just in case you didn't get them through VMP.

Weyes Blood: Titanic Rising (Violet Colored Vinyl) Vinyl LP - Turntable Lab Exclusive

weyesblood-titanic-ttl-main_1800x.jpg

Mort Garson: Mother Earth's Plantasia (Chlorophyll Splatter Colored Vinyl) Vinyl LP - Turntable Lab Exclusive

plantasia-ttl-2_1800x.jpg

Unearthed back-catalog from an early Empire! Empire! (I was a lonely estate) side project.

Anna Flyaway was a band that featured Keith and Cathy Latinen of Empire! Empire! (I Was a Lonely Estate) from 2005-2006 right before Empire! Empire! took off. They recorded an LP called 'Tomorrow I Will Take a Knife to Your Confidence' and promptly broke up and the album was abandoned. Years later, Keith retrieved the files from his ancient laptop and got them mixed by Mat Halliday (Empire! Empire!, Fireworks) and mastered by Dave Downham (Beach Slang, Into It! Over It!) to give the album a proper release.

Anna Flyaway fills a missing gap for Empire! Empire! listeners but will also find a home with a new audience as the songs still feel fresh, 14 years later. For fans of early Death Cab for Cutie, Mineral, and Minus the Bear.

Vinyl available through Count Your Lucky Stars:

The violet color looks even more out of place with respect to the album art.
Really? I thought the exact opposite haha. To me, pretty much all of the far-right portion of the artwork is violet. Maybe that's the reason why this variant seems to work form the mockup: The record is peeping out of the right of the cover, therefore being next to the portion of the artwork it matches the most. Maybe IRL it contrasts more and is not as cohesive as I perceive it to be here.

Really? I thought the exact opposite haha. To me, pretty much all of the far-right portion of the artwork is violet. Maybe that's the reason why this variant seems to work form the mockup: The record is peeping out of the right of the cover, therefore being next to the portion of the artwork it matches the most. Maybe IRL it contrasts more and is not as cohesive as I perceive it to be here.

Agreed

This looks/sounds to be an interesting soundtrack.

92695CD1-E6F8-4155-9938-A7991202FF30.jpeg

I still like it but some of it sounds so much like Linda Ronstadt to me that I feel like I’m listening to it on the 8-track player in my uncle’s rotting Chevette

It sounds like a combination of a lot of stuff. There's even some "Strawberry Fields" phrasing at one point, but it reminded me of Aimee Mann circa Magnolia soundtrack mixed with Harry Nilsson.

Back