Pre-Order Thread

That's definitely the single disc version. This site has both versions, with the triple disc edition being $81

Standard - with autographed litho

Triple vinyl

Dope! Yea, that's the only one I could find and I was like there is no way that is the price for a triple; but the language was weird (i.e. canned) about the release. TBH, I didn't do much digging. It's a good album but nothing I'm salivating over. Just figured I'd throw it up here cause I didn't see it mentioned. Cool that they have that signed litho 'sclusie. You may rarely poop, but always helpful!

Moses Boyd - Dark Matter

Well this is unexpected and exciting. The new Dinked edition is Moses Boyd's new album, Dark Matter. For those who havent heard of Boyd he is a key player in the UK jazz scene, playing drums for the likes of the Tomorrow’s Warriors, Moses Boyd's Exodus, and is one half of Binker Moses. This looks to be a superb package, with the special edition being limited to just 500 copies! Includes 140g grey 2lp, 90cm x 90cm flag wrap, numbered, silver foil inners.

This ones surely going to sell out!

boyd-500x500.jpg

Moses Boyd - Dark Matter

Well this is unexpected and exciting. The new Dinked edition is Moses Boyd's new album, Dark Matter. For those who havent heard of Boyd he is a key player in the UK jazz scene, playing drums for the likes of the Tomorrow’s Warriors, Moses Boyd's Exodus, and is one half of Binker Moses. This looks to be a superb package, with the special edition being limited to just 500 copies! Includes 140g grey 2lp, 90cm x 90cm flag wrap, numbered, silver foil inners.

View attachment 24026
Also on indies splatter Vinyl.

All links here:

All links here:
That link takes you to Resident as one of the options. Worth me mentioning that they are a fantastic store, delivers the records in a secure mailer with that kind of cardboard buffer around the record for extra protection. On top of that I have received 2-3 pre-orders from them a couple of days early. Really decent people working there as well, I accidentally ordered a record twice and didn't realise until much later, they cancelled it and refunded me straight away with no worries at all. Top service and worth ordering from if you are a UK based purchaser.

That link takes you to Resident as one of the options. Worth me mentioning that they are a fantastic store, delivers the records in a secure mailer with that kind of cardboard buffer around the record for extra protection. On top of that I have received 2-3 pre-orders from them a couple of days early. Really decent people working there as well, I accidentally ordered a record twice and didn't realise until much later, they cancelled it and refunded me straight away with no worries at all. Top service and worth ordering from if you are a UK based purchaser.

I was looking to order from Sister Ray as it's just around the corner from work but I can't find a collect from store option which is really annoying. Think I'll have to chance it on release day and see if they have any in stock, can't justify a fiver shipping from a shop I pass every day.

I was looking to order from Sister Ray as it's just around the corner from work but I can't find a collect from store option which is really annoying. Think I'll have to chance it on release day and see if they have any in stock, can't justify a fiver shipping from a shop I pass every day.
I might be able to help with the reason behind this. When they first set up their online store they had a few 'sold-out' items that they had found in their warehouse and I rang to see if they could be picked up in store. They explained that anything ordered online ships directly from their warehouse, so in order to have the 'pick up from store' option they would essentially still need to ship it from their warehouse anyway.

I would be VERY surprised if they didnt stock it in store on release day, maybe just the standard edition though. Otherwise Sounds of the Universe or If Music are likely to have this one right?

Moses Boyd - Dark Matter

View attachment 24026

All links here:

What are you guys thinking - splatter or dinked?

Any mock ups of either?
What does flag wrap mean?

What are you guys thinking - splatter or dinked?

Any mock ups of either?
What does flag wrap mean?
If you are choosing between the 2 and ordering online its only £1 more for the dinked. They tend to be really good packages. I imagine the flag is a replica of the one used for the cover art? And maybe its wrapped around the jacket until you open it up? I dunno.

I went for the dinked.

If you are choosing between the 2 and ordering online its only £1 more for the dinked. They tend to be really good packages. I imagine the flag is a replica of the one used for the cover art? And maybe its wrapped around the jacket until you open it up? I dunno.

I went for the dinked.

Ill go for the dinked then though I do think splatters cool. Anyway I've never owned a dinked edition before so I guess it's about time. I loved Moses work on Theon Cross Fyah, looking forward to this one.

Fantastic, indeed. What they really need to do is press their other albums.

What’s weird is that all of the features of the pressing including where and by who, is the same as their previous release(including SMFTA). Is this one somehow different from their others? Maybe just extra pressings?
It’s just a new run from IR, so it stands to reason it’s all the same info. I’d assume he’s just having new sets of stampers made. And as usual, add my support to the high-quality of stuff made by IR.

Moses Boyd - Dark Matter

View attachment 24026

Came here to post it but everyone is on this release already. 😀. Going to be a good one. Dinked it.

Weird, there is only a pick-up option ?

It’s just a new run from IR, so it stands to reason it’s all the same info. I’d assume he’s just having new sets of stampers made. And as usual, add my support to the high-quality of stuff made by IR.
I completely agree. There are a few I am still wanting to pick up. Matthew Sweet And preordering that Gene Clark.

Back