Pre-Order Thread

Hahaha this thread escalated quickly. Just don't take your kid to a NOFX show.

Definitely a bit that they do/did at their shows. I saw them in Eugene, OR around that time, and he called out a kid on his dad's shoulders and started asking if he new what various sex acts were. Also, at that same show someone pelted him in the face with a full bottle of water. Didn't even phase him, he just uttered a monotone "ow" and continued the monologue. On top of all that, I ended up getting dehydrated at that show, and threw up on a bank when we were walking back to the car. Pretty awesome night

Definitely a bit that they do/did at their shows. I saw them in Eugene, OR around that time, and he called out a kid on his dad's shoulders and started asking if he new what various sex acts were. Also, at that same show someone pelted him in the face with a full bottle of water. Didn't even phase him, he just uttered a monotone "ow" and continued the monologue. On top of all that, I ended up getting dehydrated at that show, and threw up on a bank when we were walking back to the car. Pretty awesome night
Haha, yeah man. I've been to a ton of NOFX shows and this video is a good reflection of the banter. Love seeing them live!

Icelandic singer-songwriter Ásgeir announced his new album and there's a preorder on the OLI website. I wonder if there's going to be colored edition, but it seems like it's only on black English and black Icelandic.

New Eyelids, limited edition to 200.

EYELIDS “THE ACCIDENTAL FALLS” (200 copies colored vinyl w/ limited edition, signed book with lyrics, photos & essays). Includes download card. Free U.S. Shipping.

On The Accidental Falls Portland, Oregon’s Eyelids, one of rock’s best-kept secrets, step firmly out from the considerable shadow cast by the band members’ second-to-none pedigrees earned from time spent in Guided By Voices, The Decemberists, Stephen Malkmus and Elliott Smith. Featuring lyrics written by poet and frequent Tim Buckley collaborator Larry Beckett that span over four decades and produced by REM iconoclast Peter Buck, The Accidental Falls features a bountiful cacophony of gorgeously shimmering riffs and songs so delectably crafted that all who value the electric guitar as a source of joy should find themselves awash in goosebumps once under this record’s spell. A testament to rock’s remaining vitality as an art form, Eyelids’ fourth album finds the outfit as both stewards of a classic sound (Chiltonites and disciples of IRS Records-era REM will fall hard for this project) and accomplished artists propelling their craft to thrilling new heights. A record that practically drips with the abundant passion and well-honed skill of its creators; song after song, riff after riff, stanza after stanza, The Accidental Falls casts a hypnotic spell over the listener and triumphantly reminds us, hearts fully on sleeves, why we fell in love with rock n’ roll in the first place.

Neat! I'll wait until November to switch over. My witchy soul isn't done with Halloween yet!
I have a christmas version laying around somewhere's already, shit gotta dig for that thing. The circle thing is gonna play havoc, tho; may just do the snowfall version for this place.

Edit:eek:ops

Thanks, missed the Algiers announcement yesterday. Is the dinked edition only on banquet?

Edit: oh jk, I see it is available from other UK retailers. Anyone know what the cheapest option would be? I like "Can the Sub_Bass Speak" better than the lead single so far.

It's 26.99 at all but a couple, and those seemed to have higher shipping.
Norman Records looked decent for shipping. It was under 5. I got the Jesca Hoop LP from them earlier this year and had no complaints.

I really dig this.

PETER LUDEMANN & PIT TROJA

THE NOW GENERATION

Finally reissued!

They Say: “Documentary and industrial underlays for current themes of modern life”.
We say: Mind-blowing, percussion-heavy, Afro-tinged, cosmic-disco library bomb.
This is the one. An absolutely outstanding record from 1983 and definitely one of the hardest to find on the collectable German library label, Coloursound. The Now Generation (Percussive Underscores) is comfortably one of the very best library records full stop.

PRE-ORDER NOW
The record comes galloping out the gate with a pair of rapid synthy-eurodisco bombs - the title-track and “Panama” - before slowing down to a woozy pace on “Inorganic Matter”. “African Nightclub” sounds like it reads, and is a particular favourite of Prins Thomas. Indeed, it was used to great effect on his seminal Cosmo Galactic Prism mix for Eskimo back in 2007. It’s followed by the dark, druggy, slow motion industrial groove of “Grease Plant” before “Southerly” lifts the tempo to close out side A with its Latin funk strut of bells and melancholic keys.
For us, though, it’s all about the opener to side B: “Mechanical Heart”. Seven minutes of building, mid-tempo disco-funk joy, deceptively explosive, club-ready gear for body and soul. The back cover dryly describes the track as “Guitar and percussion, light industrial underlay”. Hmmm. How about, “after finally emerging from a particularly heavy week jamming in a sunless, lawless German warehouse, Chic warily press record on a wayward, illicit instrumental for basement gatherings”. Just wait for those drums at the 3 minute mark…
The beatless ambience and menacing stabs of the proto-electro “Chemical Threat” follows, before the open drums and incredible fills of the metronomic “Steady Going” and fantastically monotonous funk breaks of “Nepal Trek” round out this sensational set.
This is a library masterpiece in no uncertain terms, full of synth funk, afro beats, exotica, leftfield madness, dance floor dynamite and all-around greatness.
As with our KPM and Themes re-issues, the audio for The Now Generation comes from the original analogue tapes and has been remastered for vinyl by Be With regular Simon Francis. Richard Robinson has brought the original Coloursound sleeve back to life in all its metallic silver glory.

The Now Generation will be released on the 13th of December, and is available for pre-order now at https://www.bewithrecords.com/products/peter-ludemann-pit-troja-the-now-generation-coloursound-lp#product.

I mean I doubt they reject children as every music festival I've ever been to has some children there, but it's a music festival aimed at adults for sure.
That's cool of Pickathon, but kid friendly isnt the same as a kids event. I've seen kids exposed to far worse at festivals than comments about Santa.
I never told my kid about Santa, but Pickathon very much advertises as a family festival. Not exclusively, but those are the targeted ads pushed to me and others with kids. Full on "Bring Your Kids" not just "kids aren't technically NOT allowed." There are kid activities and all kinds of stuff. Music isn't an adult thing anyway, but this particular festival does encourage family attendance with free admission for kids and discounted teen tickets.
New Eyelids, limited edition to 200.

EYELIDS “THE ACCIDENTAL FALLS” (200 copies colored vinyl w/ limited edition, signed book with lyrics, photos & essays). Includes download card. Free U.S. Shipping.

On The Accidental Falls Portland, Oregon’s Eyelids, one of rock’s best-kept secrets, step firmly out from the considerable shadow cast by the band members’ second-to-none pedigrees earned from time spent in Guided By Voices, The Decemberists, Stephen Malkmus and Elliott Smith. Featuring lyrics written by poet and frequent Tim Buckley collaborator Larry Beckett that span over four decades and produced by REM iconoclast Peter Buck, The Accidental Falls features a bountiful cacophony of gorgeously shimmering riffs and songs so delectably crafted that all who value the electric guitar as a source of joy should find themselves awash in goosebumps once under this record’s spell. A testament to rock’s remaining vitality as an art form, Eyelids’ fourth album finds the outfit as both stewards of a classic sound (Chiltonites and disciples of IRS Records-era REM will fall hard for this project) and accomplished artists propelling their craft to thrilling new heights. A record that practically drips with the abundant passion and well-honed skill of its creators; song after song, riff after riff, stanza after stanza, The Accidental Falls casts a hypnotic spell over the listener and triumphantly reminds us, hearts fully on sleeves, why we fell in love with rock n’ roll in the first place.

Eyelids are so good. Ugh. I need a job.

Something for our PopTarts:

Hannah Diamond - Reflections
REFLECTIONS_VINYLMOCK_UP_CRYSTAL_CLEAR_1080x.jpg

Back