Pre-Order Thread

That's a total bullshit response.

The world is full of people that aren't directly affected by things explaining to the people who are how they should feel about them.

Cool dude, I really dont care. Sorry I tried to lighten the mood with a simple "but he is fake" joke. I was just trying to talk about Dan Deacon on a music forum, not get into a santa/parenting argument. I never once told you how to feel about anything.

Last edited:
Santa is fake and dumb and etc. but ending childrens' joy, however misplaced, is fucked. Especially when they aren't your own. Obviously dude doesn't need to be cancelled, but it was a shitty edgelordy thing to do.
If he was at a children's event I'd agree, but saying truthful adult things at an adult event isnt even close to shitty or edgelordy.

If he was at a children's event I'd agree, but saying truthful adult things at an adult event isnt even close to shitty or edgelordy.
Oh, I didn't know, is Pickathon adults only?

Edit: then it's just dumb I guess, because, no shit?

Reactions: oak

Good. I don't want to see them come out without something infinitely cooler, but also too expensive. Honestly lately they miss the cool factor by a fair margin more and more too as far as the color variants go. There have been two recent releases I've ignored entirely due to them being brown. Who tf wants brown vinyl?
I'd honestly take brown over clear, grey, or gold.

That's cool of Pickathon, but kid friendly isnt the same as a kids event. I've seen kids exposed to far worse at festivals than comments about Santa.

all u gotta do is tell ur kid that the guy performing is on santa's naughty list and that he's just really salty about it. CRISIS AVERTED.

Grey is honestly underrated. I'd rank it like
Grey >>>>>>>>>>>>> Gold >> Clear
I haven't seen a brown record yet, but I feel like it could look dope if it was like mahogany or something similar.

Brown can be cool if it matches the cover/theme.

Alright. I’ll concede that brown isn’t always terrible, but those VMP Big Thief and Konradsen variants were less than compelling and ESPECIALLY so with better looking variants afoot at a much lower price point.

I’ve never heard a human adult speak to another human adult about how Santa isn’t real. The only time you ever talk about that is when you’re discussing how to tell a kid, or telling a kid. The only reason a performer would bring it up as a show is in the hope of fucking up a family’s day.

It’s not the worst behavior ever, but it’s not especially nice.

I’ve never heard a human adult speak to another human adult about how Santa isn’t real. The only time you ever talk about that is when you’re discussing how to tell a kid, or telling a kid. The only reason a performer would bring it up as a show is in the hope of fucking up a family’s day.

It’s not the worst behavior ever, but it’s not especially nice.
Dan Deacon talks about fantasy creatures all the time, hes practically an overgrown child. None of us know the context in which the Santa isnt real comment came in. Also in relationship to children is far from the only time Santa is talked about. I've heard human adults talk about him plenty in no relation to children whatsoever

Honestly I'm shocked this topic is getting so much play.

Is Santa still celebrated in non-religious circles/families? Serious question, as he was always associated with Christmas/Catholicism in our household (but I know he’s not exclusive to Catholicism and is more of a Christian figure).

Is Santa still celebrated in non-religious circles/families? Serious question, as he was always associated with Christmas/Catholicism in our household (but I know he’s not exclusive to Catholicism and is more of a Christian figure).
We were a non religious family and we celebrated Christmas/Santa, although I knew he was fake extremely early on.

Sure, but, this would've been in late July/early August. What adult, regardless of attendance, would bring up this topic?
Brown can be cool if it matches the cover/theme.

WHY CAN'T THEY JUST FUCKING DO NEAPOLITAN ALREADY?!?!

Sure, but, this would've been in late July/early August. What adult, regardless of attendance, would bring up this topic?
Have any of you ever seen Dan Deacon live?!? Hes a weird overgrown child

I just saw the Flaming Lips 2 weeks ago and Wayne mentioned Santa. Hell, they routinely having naked santas on stage with them

Last edited:
Back