Pre-Order Thread

ReleaseProduct-357545-240428.png

Do albums need anniversary editions after 5 years? Is 2024 the year we start getting "1st Anniversary Editions" of albums that came out in 2023?

Don't ask the Black Pumas...

I was thinking the same thing. Aren't most albums still in print 5 years after their release?
Or Paul McCartney:

I was thinking the same thing. Aren't most albums still in print 5 years after their release?
As someone who exists in the world of "underground" hip-hop records being pressed in such limited quantities and then demanding crazy second hand prices I'm so thankful for 5 year represses. Something like Care for Me by Saba had a 3 year repress and it's how I was able to snag it for a normal price. Freddie by Freddie Gibbs just had a 5 year repress and now I own that too. I totally understand how a 5 year repress sounds ridiculous though.

As someone who exists in the world of "underground" hip-hop records being pressed in such limited quantities and then demanding crazy second hand prices I'm so thankful for 5 year represses. Something like Care for Me by Saba had a 3 year repress and it's how I was able to snag it for a normal price. Freddie by Freddie Gibbs just had a 5 year repress and now I own that too. I totally understand how a 5 year repress sounds ridiculous though.

True, but we're generally buying super limited pressings that sell out in seconds. Having a normal widely available variant still in print and doing that feels a little different. Releasing the deluxe variant right after getting everyone to throw down on the standard is also irksome

Back