Pre-Order Thread

Also details from the email:
Announcing The 5-LP, 4-CD & 114-page story of the band that birthed Bon Iver, Megafaun & many more.

Definitive Box Set out August 18th on Jagjaguwar, featuring dozens of previously unreleased songs from Brad Cook, Phil Cook, Justin Vernon & Joe Westerlund, Plus unpublished photos, in-depth interviews & complete Biography written by Executive Producer Grayson Haver Currin.

Today, the story of DeYarmond Edison begins to be told. Formed by Brad Cook, Phil Cook, Justin Vernon and Joe Westerlund, they were a band driven by big dreams and deep bonds – four childhood friends who built a musical connection that was too good to last. In the 17 years that have passed since DeYarmond Edison broke apart at the very height of their collective power, each member has gone on to establish their individual legacy through the indispensable work of projects like Bon Iver, Megafaun and so many more. But before then they succeeded and shattered together: out August 18th on Jagjaguwar, Epoch is a massive and maximalist box set that explores the saga like never before, in unabashed and unabridged detail. The collection not only offers the definitive account of a short-lived group with an outsized impact, but reveals a universal tale of small-town transcendence, coming of age, and collective artistic ambition, even when it became too much to bear.

At its core, Epoch is also a vast feat of vulnerability, and a testament to the magic that can happen when no one is looking. Many of the 83 recordings are being heard by others for the very first time, accompanied by dozens of previously unpublished photos from backyards and basements, and revelatory conversations with all four band members and numerous others who define the history of DeYarmond Edison. From their true headwaters in turn-of-the-century Wisconsin, to the 2005-2006 era of experimentation and eventual implosion in North Carolina, to the ensuing and celebrated solo careers, the collection fully traces the group’s complex evolution, as the past returns to haunt and heal.

Within the physical Epoch box, designed over the course of several years by Miles Johnson, Nate Utesch and Alexa Terfloth, each LP is encapsulated with a unique symbol representing the dynamics within the band at that given moment, while color palettes evoke time and place. In addition to Currin’s 114-page, 11-chapter book, every album comes with a corresponding essay that illustrates the context and events that helped create that specific body of music.

Dammit Newman. Ok so that Secretly listing is pretty but co content/description. Someone give me an album to check out.
Gonna hop in and heap some praise on the Justin Vernon solo record 'Hazeltons' which is also included in the box. A lot of early draft Bon Iver that holds a soft-spot for me.

I'm going to go with this too. Not my birthday, but my kid's and yours soon. That's good enough. Make sure to log in to secretly, it's a little cheaper and you can ship for free with the monthly.
Dammit. I forgot to add it to the monthly shipping. I assumed it was too far out.

Back