Pre-Order Thread

All you Bon Iver fans:

Well, let’s just go ahead and announce a repress of Megafaun and a new solo album today and officially make it Phil Cook day.

Oooohhhh….

Probably of more interest to Durhamites, but the guys in the band not named Justin Vernon went on to form Megafaun and Phil Cook has made quite the name for himself with out the other two guys as well.
Alarming to me that Secretly's writeup completely omits the contributions of Chris Porterfield (Field Report).

He’s a weird blip in the wiki. I honestly wasn’t aware of his involvement.
I don't know, feels to me like there's some revisionist history happening here. Porterfield is credited as having been part of DE all over the place. I honestly don't know the true extent of his involvement with the output under that name, but I've always associated him with that group.

I don't know, feels to me like there's some revisionist history happening here. Porterfield is credited as having been part of DE all over the place. I honestly don't know the true extent of his involvement with the output under that name, but I've always associated him with that group.
I love a couple of those Field Report records. This box set is enticing. I don't know a ton of stuff, but love all the artists involved. Especially Phil Cook, which happened to randomly be spinning this morning.

I love a couple of those Field Report records. This box set is enticing. I don't know a ton of stuff, but love all the artists involved. Especially Phil Cook, which happened to randomly be spinning this morning.
Same, I think the Field Report albums have some really beautiful work in them. He's an underappreciated part of that scene.

I need you guys to not talk about this because I don’t need to buy another box set today, much less from someone(s) I’m unfamiliar with.
Wish I could trade a few of the monthly releases for this. Haven't been loving the last few choices. But I think they charged me $50 for a year, so I can't really complain.

Back