Pre-Order Thread

Right? Their shipping kills me, makes no sense.
I bought the Van Halen RSD release for a friend who lives in Seattle. Media Mail from NJ to WA cost me $5.05 for a 4 LP set that weighs 3 lbs. - pretty comparable to a vault. It got there in 6 days including weekend.

Why does 10c charge $15 to send via "mail innovations" which is essentially media mail as it's handed off to the USPS, yet usually takes much longer to arrive?

I bought the Van Halen RSD release for a friend who lives in Seattle. Media Mail from NJ to WA cost me $5.05 for a 4 LP set that weighs 3 lbs. - pretty comparable to a vault. It got there in 6 days including weekend.

Why does 10c charge $15 to send via "mail innovations" which is essentially media mail as it's handed off to the USPS, yet usually takes much longer to arrive?
If I recall those boxes are custom due to the odd size of those vault LPs. Even with that, still doesn't add up to 15.

Pearl Jam Vault 11 up for preorders. NOTE: you must be a Ten Club member to purchase.
Dammit and their paid membership fee…this set list looks 🔥🔥🔥

Still don't understand Pearl Jam. Need to be a 10c member to order from the US, but I've picked up every vault from the UK store without being a member (and just 4.99 postage on this one). This one is a big nostalgic choice as I remember having the CD singles with all these on back in the day.

Still don't understand Pearl Jam. Need to be a 10c member to order from the US, but I've picked up every vault from the UK store without being a member (and just 4.99 postage on this one). This one is a big nostalgic choice as I remember having the CD singles with all these on back in the day.
Do they ship to US? Postage might still come out ok for nonmembers here in US if they do if it eliminates the member fees.

We need to build a time machine and ask a young ticket master bucking Vedder what he thinks of this band's practices and then after he condemns them as assholes let him know it is Pearl Jam.

Indeed, I have a friend who is a much more lifetime PJ fan than myself who just said no to the PJ concert ticket prices. Grrr

We need to build a time machine and ask a young ticket master bucking Vedder what he thinks of this band's practices and then after he condemns them as assholes let him know it is Pearl Jam.

i do often wonder what 1993 ed vedder would think of 2023 supermodel marrying, celebrity name-dropping, hollywood hobnobbing, premium ticket allowing ed vedder. people change, whatever. but i do wonder.

i also wonder if anyone in the band has any idea how shitty their fan club has become since tim bierman took over.

atlanta 94 is the shit, though. it's arguably their peak performance as a young band, at least for a performance that has been properly recorded and heard by many, and perhaps in their entire history. i know for me, atlanta 94 is the reason i became a more than just a casual fan- a classmate of mine leant me the dissident singles which had the majority of the songs from this show as the bonus tracks, and i recorded those to tape and then played the shit out of that tape because it was so good. porch is a barnburner, the wma is the best version of that song period, the hard rockers like rearviewmirror and blood are just intense... really, everything has an edge to it, and part of that may well be due to the uncertainty surrounding kurt cobain as well as this being the end of dave a's run and a tumultuous couple years of consistent touring and recording. if i had to pick one and only one pearl jam show to listen to ever again, it would be atlanta 94.

I don’t have much visibility to 1993 Vedder. Was he truly as antiestablishment as Kurt Cobain was? Seems like if you were part of the grunge movement you automatically had to think that way. But maybe he was indifferent and just rode the coattails of his peers surrounding that kind of persona.

I don’t have much visibility to 1993 Vedder. Was he truly as antiestablishment as Kurt Cobain was? Seems like if you were part of the grunge movement you automatically had to think that way. But maybe he was indifferent and just rode the coattails of his peers surrounding that kind of persona.
He was pretty vocal and eloquent about it all.

I was mostly making a joke. I get that people get older. Hell Pearl Jam is supporting a wide net of people at this point. I'm not joining the club, because I really have only been interested in a hand full of their albums.

That being said, as an outside observer, it would appear that a much beloved club is disgruntling long time members. Sounds familiar.

He was pretty vocal and eloquent about it all.
I remember him being the soft spoken type. I suppose that translates to eloquence. Whereas Cobain was vocal in a reserved, yet messy manner.

I know some aging punk icons are also falling into that “siding with the very opposition they used to spit in the face of” — Johnny Rotten and the like

I remember him being the soft spoken type. I suppose that translates to eloquence. Whereas Cobain was vocal in a reserved, yet messy manner.

I know some aging punk icons are also falling into that “siding with the very opposition they used to spit in the face of” — Johnny Rotten and the like
Yeah, he was not one to really embrace the camera and he actually seemed to struggle with celebrity much more than Kurt. Kurt seemed to embrace it, but then I guess we exhibit different behaviors sometimes than our inner voice is screaming.

Anyhow, Eddie very much spoke out about industry and ticketmaster in general. He was also well spoken and seemed to have his facts straight.

The rest of the time he was like I don't wanna talk to you.

That would seemingly equate to believing in it to me, but who knows?

No he wasn't. If you watch the PJ20 doc there's an entire section about Kurt talking shit about PJ and its members for being too establishment, too main stream.

He did write Pro Choice on his arm during Unplugged, and as lead singer of the band that filed an anti trust complaint against TM he was very visible. But to say that Vedder at that point even had a modicum of Kurt's antiestablishment feelings is more of a rewrite of history. Heck, PJ never saw themselves as grunge, they just got included since they were from Seattle.

Anyway, PJ20 is a fantastic time capsule, and I recommend it to anyone with any interest in seeing it at all.

Last edited:
Back