Pre-Order Thread

Not certain of what you’re looking for, but if it’s this, jpc in Germany has it in stock. The price you see initially will drop a bit when a US address is posted, and shipping from them is often less expensive than shipping within the US.

Hot Damn! Thank you. I just got the Cure - Wish reissue from them.
And this time I remembered to add the Grant Lee Buffalo reissues too. $88 shipped for all 3.

And learning not to pre-order from DeepDiscount = priceless. Thanks to everyone for the help. This was one I didn't want to miss. One of my favorite albums.

And this time I remembered to add the Grant Lee Buffalo reissues too. $88 shipped for all 3.

And learning not to pre-order from DeepDiscount = priceless. Thanks to everyone for the help. This was one I didn't want to miss. One of my favorite albums.
Great! I’m glad that worked for you. I find it’s always worth checking there. Doesn’t always work out, but happens often enough.

JPC is great. Sometimes shipping can take a bit to get to the US but that doesn’t usually bother me. I’ve paid less in shipping from them than some shops in the US. Plus they usually get optimal pressings instead of GZ on some bigger worldwide reissues

JPC is great. Sometimes shipping can take a bit to get to the US but that doesn’t usually bother me. I’ve paid less in shipping from them than some shops in the US. Plus they usually get optimal pressings instead of GZ on some bigger worldwide reissues

Big fan of JPC, cheap shipping and usually the best place to pick up speakers corner from.

Not sure how they'll ship the Oingo Boingo LP since I also ordered the two Grant Lee Buffalo albums which are out next month. I don't even mind waiting. I just wanted to secure a copy. Who knows if there will ever be another pressing of it...

Not sure how they'll ship the Oingo Boingo LP since I also ordered the two Grant Lee Buffalo albums which are out next month. I don't even mind waiting. I just wanted to secure a copy. Who knows if there will ever be another pressing of it...
I can’t remember if I’ve ever mixed a preorder with an in stock item from them before but I’m sure someone here has!

Yeah, I ordered an in-stock item with the two Grant Lee Buffalo pre-orders about a month ago and haven't received the in-stock item (nor have I received a shipping notice), so I'm assuming everything will come in one shipment.
I've placed mixed orders like this several times. Typically, everything comes at once, but one time I had an MOV preorder that was shipped separately (presumably direct from their distributor).

I believe they raised it when people were complaining there weren’t enough member perks.

There are only a few reasons to still be a member. The true exclusives are great (like Aretha Spirit in the Dark, that Sparklehorse box set, Jazz Dispensary, The Meters - Fire on the Bayou and a few others recently) but those are pretty few and far between. I’d probably sub if I was an international member depending on VAT. And when Classics was pressed at QRP/RTI.

I do think the free albums promo is intriguing if you missed out on a bunch of albums in the past. 8 “free” albums does bring the price down quite a bit.

I rarely buy the store exclusives you can get anywhere else because of what you mentioned. I don’t care much about color variants either.
Most of the essential releases aren't albums I would buy on my own if they weren't part of the membership except for the doors, bella donna, superstar, yours conditionally and maybe bitte orca. The only store exclusive I really wanted was Hatchies album but I ended up getting the secretly membership edition because I also wanted angel olsens album so it was a better value for me. A lot of the essential albums aren't bad albums but not ones that I would care to own. There were only three essential records that interested me last year.

it really is hard to justify keeping my 10c membership these days. I’ve also been in it for over 20 years. As much as I loathed the frustration with F5, I always got the tix I wanted. i happen to live in the highly desired NY metro area, and have never once won the lottery for any NYC show since it was instituted.

Dues are dropping slightly, but there is no more vinyl or t shirt (I’m sure as hell not going to pay for a 10c tee) so it’s hard to see a valid reason to keep my membership. My daughter has let hers lapse at least 2 times, yet she always renewed in time for lotteries and won tix for the last MSG show (that was postponed due to Covid) and pit for Camden. I can’t prove it, but I really don’t think it’s as random as they claim - it seems new members win GA at a high percentage.

The only way it would be totally worth keeping is if they dropped the GA pit and went back to all reserved (which will not happen) Seniority doesn’t mean much anymore.
I hear ya. They haven't played in my home state since 2014. With kids now, traveling is much more difficult. Ed's flubbing songs makes it hard to travel. Stone seems uninterested in being there while he plays with his back to the crowd all night. And Ed's voice just can't hit many of the songs he used to. In general, they don't seem dialed in like they were in 1998, 2000, 2003, and 2006. I know that was a long time ago, but at least act like you give a shit on stage. Tickets are not cheap.

The only reason I keep it anymore is the vault vinyl, and half the time they only release a show that's already out or currently being bootlegged, and it's an incomplete show.

I try to remember the good times with them, but with each cash grab it gets harder.

I hear ya. They haven't played in my home state since 2014. With kids now, traveling is much more difficult. Ed's flubbing songs makes it hard to travel. Stone seems uninterested in being there while he plays with his back to the crowd all night. And Ed's voice just can't hit many of the songs he used to. In general, they don't seem dialed in like they were in 1998, 2000, 2003, and 2006. I know that was a long time ago, but at least act like you give a shit on stage. Tickets are not cheap.

The only reason I keep it anymore is the vault vinyl, and half the time they only release a show that's already out or currently being bootlegged, and it's an incomplete show.

I try to remember the good times with them, but with each cash grab it gets harder.
They are definitely a different band than the one that fought ticketmaster

Most of the essential releases aren't albums I would buy on my own if they weren't part of the membership except for the doors, bella donna, superstar, yours conditionally and maybe bitte orca. The only store exclusive I really wanted was Hatchies album but I ended up getting the secretly membership edition because I also wanted angel olsens album so it was a better value for me. A lot of the essential albums aren't bad albums but not ones that I would care to own. There were only three essential records that interested me last year.
For me the strong suit has long been classics. Essentials are interesting enough pretty often, but just as often it's not something I care about. When classics hits, it hits hard, for me anyway. Dreams and wanted one soul singer for example.

We were at that Cincy show - such a great time - first time we actually waited in a merch line for 3+ hours. Those days are over, I can't deal with that crap anymore. I have too many posters that are sitting in a profolio unframed.

I think the 2010 shows were great as well. And we went to all 4 nights of the 2009 Philly Spectrum run. To this day, night 3, 10.30.09, is always in my top 3 shows I've attended. The energy there that night coupled with a fabulous setlist is nearly impossible to describe. The Halloween show the next night was great, and super long, but the night before was better imo.

Agreed, I want the vaults as well. I understand limiting an item to 10c members, but I do not understand them allowing a member to purchase multiple copies IN SEPARATE orders! Do they really need to turn that much of a profit on their insane shipping charges???

It's so frustrating, I still love them, and will see them as often as I can, but with the lottery, the bullshit verified fan scam and platinum / premium tickets, getting tickets these days is so much harder.

10_ab3e32aa-2818-4eb0-8e99-ae67f4c07ac1_300x300.jpg

For me the strong suit has long been classics. Essentials are interesting enough pretty often, but just as often it's not something I care about. When classics hits, it hits hard, for me anyway. Dreams and wanted one soul singer for example.
Most subscription services have too much that I'm not interested in. Secretly was nice when I was a member and Magnolia seems nice too. I may not care for all of the albums in those memberships but they have a lot of albums that I haven't heard of before that I would not have bought on my own and would be open to getting as part of the member. On the other hand vmp has a lot of albums that I would not have gotten if I was shopping at a record store. I don't want to spend $40 on albums that I would never listen to more than once and want to tell them after that. I like discovering new artists and the ability to swap for a different album if I don't like the current months selection.

We were at that Cincy show - such a great time - first time we actually waited in a merch line for 3+ hours. Those days are over, I can't deal with that crap anymore. I have too many posters that are sitting in a profolio unframed.

I think the 2010 shows were great as well. And we went to all 4 nights of the 2009 Philly Spectrum run. To this day, night 3, 10.30.09, is always in my top 3 shows I've attended. The energy there that night coupled with a fabulous setlist is nearly impossible to describe. The Halloween show the next night was great, and super long, but the night before was better imo.

Agreed, I want the vaults as well. I understand limiting an item to 10c members, but I do not understand them allowing a member to purchase multiple copies IN SEPARATE orders! Do they really need to turn that much of a profit on their insane shipping charges???

It's so frustrating, I still love them, and will see them as often as I can, but with the lottery, the bullshit verified fan scam and platinum / premium tickets, getting tickets these days is so much harder.
Sounds like we've been to some of the same shows :). I was at Cincy 2014, and Night 3 and Night 4 of the Spectrum run. I agree on Night 3. That show was insanely good, and as good as Halloween was, the night before was better. The 2010 shows I went to were pretty good too. After those, I haven't been to as many. Wrigley 2013, Pitt 2013, and Cincy 2014.... Wrigley could have been magical if they would have started on time and played the whole setlist, regardless of the rain delay.... Pitt and Cincy were too similar for me, but I found Pitt to be better.

I've gotten to the point that if they are not playing in my home state, I won't go. They just aren't the same band that I fell in love with. They've become more interested in cashing in, and that's fine I guess, I just won't contribute to it when I don't feel like the product is anywhere close to as good as I have seen it before.

Wow, saying it out loud makes me sad about it.

Back