Pre-Order Thread

I just dropped $71 on the VMP / Pearl Jam Yield reissue because I am an idiot. It's on sale! $4 off!!!

View attachment 167984
It will be free shipping on the VMP site when it goes “full price”.

The Pearl Jam cash grabs and ridiculous shipping have gotten to a point of absurdity. Enough that I may be done with my 10c membership after 25 years.

It will be free shipping on the VMP site when it goes “full price”.

The Pearl Jam cash grabs and ridiculous shipping have gotten to a point of absurdity. Enough that I may be done with my 10c membership after 25 years.
It’s not free shipping if you aren’t a member at VMP. I believe non member shipping is $10

it really is hard to justify keeping my 10c membership these days. I’ve also been in it for over 20 years. As much as I loathed the frustration with F5, I always got the tix I wanted. i happen to live in the highly desired NY metro area, and have never once won the lottery for any NYC show since it was instituted.

Dues are dropping slightly, but there is no more vinyl or t shirt (I’m sure as hell not going to pay for a 10c tee) so it’s hard to see a valid reason to keep my membership. My daughter has let hers lapse at least 2 times, yet she always renewed in time for lotteries and won tix for the last MSG show (that was postponed due to Covid) and pit for Camden. I can’t prove it, but I really don’t think it’s as random as they claim - it seems new members win GA at a high percentage.

The only way it would be totally worth keeping is if they dropped the GA pit and went back to all reserved (which will not happen) Seniority doesn’t mean much anymore.

Does anyone know if that Boingo - Boingo reissue came out yet? I see release dates of 2/17, 2/24 and 3/3 on the usual websites.
I preordered from Deep Discount, but they now list it as sold out. I just emailed them to ask if they over-sold it. Bull Moose has it, but lists the 3/3 date. It's disappearing from some seller websites already. Why is this one so confusing?

Does anyone know if that Boingo - Boingo reissue came out yet? I see release dates of 2/17, 2/24 and 3/3 on the usual websites.
I preordered from Deep Discount, but they now list it as sold out. I just emailed them to ask if they over-sold it. Bull Moose has it, but lists the 3/3 date. It's disappearing from some seller websites already. Why is this one so confusing?

See this: https://www.needlesandgrooves.com/threads/record-store-day-2023.2294/post-689682

Looks like it's on store shelves, but there has been a mixup.

It’s not free shipping if you aren’t a member at VMP. I believe non member shipping is $10
I'm pretty sure it used to be $4 shipping for non members. I've never ordered from vmp before as everything is really expensive and they don't have enough albums I'm interested in to become a vmp member. I might pay $5 or $10 extra with shipping included but not much more than that. Why would I pay almost $40 for a vmp variant when I could get a different variant elsewhere for under $25 before shipping?

You r checking on MOV Oingo Boingo - Boingo? I gone mine #695 from Elusive Disc delivered on 2/18.

If it was free shipping there would be no point in being a member really aside from saving $4 or something on a store release. At least I sort of get why VMP does it (even though $10 is crazy).
1-month memberships still exist. If you sign up for a 1-month while swaps are open, you can swap for store credit. (Only works while swaps are open at end of month; otherwise, you have to stick with the album you sign up with.) Then you can purchase a record at the member price and get free shipping. Only time this doesn’t work is if item is limited and won’t still be around when your credit shows up at the beginning of the month.

I got mine on Tuesday, #293. I ordered from Elusive disc, don't konw if you can still get it from them.

1-month memberships still exist. If you sign up for a 1-month while swaps are open, you can swap for store credit. (Only works while swaps are open at end of month; otherwise, you have to stick with the album you sign up with.) Then you can purchase a record at the member price and get free shipping. Only time this doesn’t work is if item is limited and won’t still be around when your credit shows up at the beginning of the month.
Seems like minimal savings but I guess worth it to save the shipping cost!

I'm pretty sure it used to be $4 shipping for non members. I've never ordered from vmp before as everything is really expensive and they don't have enough albums I'm interested in to become a vmp member. I might pay $5 or $10 extra with shipping included but not much more than that. Why would I pay almost $40 for a vmp variant when I could get a different variant elsewhere for under $25 before shipping?
I believe they raised it when people were complaining there weren’t enough member perks.

There are only a few reasons to still be a member. The true exclusives are great (like Aretha Spirit in the Dark, that Sparklehorse box set, Jazz Dispensary, The Meters - Fire on the Bayou and a few others recently) but those are pretty few and far between. I’d probably sub if I was an international member depending on VAT. And when Classics was pressed at QRP/RTI.

I do think the free albums promo is intriguing if you missed out on a bunch of albums in the past. 8 “free” albums does bring the price down quite a bit.

I rarely buy the store exclusives you can get anywhere else because of what you mentioned. I don’t care much about color variants either.

That's the one. DeepDiscount confirmed they're not getting it, so that sucks.
Bull Moose still lists it as a preorder coming out next week. Anyone see an online seller who has it in stock?
Not certain of what you’re looking for, but if it’s this, jpc in Germany has it in stock. The price you see initially will drop a bit when a US address is posted, and shipping from them is often less expensive than shipping within the US.

Not certain of what you’re looking for, but if it’s this, jpc in Germany has it in stock. The price you see initially will drop a bit when a US address is posted, and shipping from them is often less expensive than shipping within the US.

I find the shipped price is somewhat close to listed price once you subtract VAT and add shipping but I only really buy stuff around $30 there.

Back