Pre-Order Thread

Oh, my dad is not a collector at all. I used to keep all the game boxes and booklets as well. I was forced to throw them all away when my step mom accused me of being a hoarder / had to clean my room. My room was actually pretty clean, and all the boxes were behind closed doors in cabinets. But my father made my step brother clean his room for being a complete mess, and that was the retaliation my stepmom made. It ended up with me having to throw out all my boxes.
Is this a regional thing or am I the only one unsettled when someone calls their dad father and mom mother. Maybe it’s my Catholic Church upbringing

66de90e4061c494e07d9dc23f43287295cdd23b7_d3a744816efc6e094f65d6210e8e3693092e9e7c_medium_jpg

Is this a regional thing or am I the only one unsettled when someone calls their dad father and mom mother. Maybe it’s my Catholic Church upbringing
My mom referred to her parents as mother and father. I always called mine Mom and Dad, though at some point I started referring to my Dad as Pop.

My mom referred to her parents as mother and father. I always called mine Mom and Dad, though at some point I started referring to my Dad as Pop.
“Father, May I please utilize the electric current sockets to power my Superb Nintendo this evening, after I scrub the floors.”

Last edited:
“Farher, May I please utilize the electric current sockets to power my Superb Nintendo this evening, after I scrub the floors.”
My mom’s family were from rural southern Illinois, she grew up on a farm. I wonder if there was a bit of German influence on it, with their Southern drawls it would always come out as Muther and Fadder but who knows.

Pop has always meant grandfather to me / in this area.
We had Grandma and Grandpa followed by their surnames. My nieces and nephews call my Mom, their grandmother, MeeMaw. They don’t really have anything to do with my Dad though so I am not sure if they’d refer to him as PeePaw or some other equally goofy name.

1675466751899.png

1675466792473.png

1675466825193.png

View attachment 166015

View attachment 166016

View attachment 166017

Ok now do Love & Danger.

I sold my SNES to buy some N64 games or something back in the day. I still hold it as one of my biggest regrets.

Carry on, Pre-order thread.
My biggest regret is I was looking at 3 albums to get as I had a visa gift card expiring soon and I didn't know what to spend it on. I ended up ordering Rubblebuckets new album because it said only 40 copies left on bandcamp which is why I ordered it instead of the urban exclusive of five seconds flat by lizzy mcalpine. Now lizzy mcalpines album is no longer available because it sold out. If I had known it was going to be out of stock soon I would have ordered that album instead. Shes not my favorite artists but I really liked what I heard from her. I do want this album but not enough to get the standard black album. I'm so annoying at myself as I was so close to having a album that was semi rare. I don't have many isos but this is something I'd like to have but I'm not paying scalper prices for it.

This was a really great album that’s got a repress campaign going right now. Had a similar sound to Yeasayer around that time. He ended forming Mass Gothic after they split

Hooray For Earth - True Loves

Last edited:
Back