Pre-Order Thread

My mom’s family were from rural southern Illinois, she grew up on a farm. I wonder if there was a bit of German influence on it, with their Southern drawls it would always come out as Muther and Fadder but who knows.

Ok - now I have to ask…where So. Illinois?

Are we talking Cairo? Carbondale? Murphysboro? West Frankfort? Vandalia?

Ok - now I have to ask…where So. Illinois?

Are we talking Cairo? Carbondale? Murphysboro? West Frankfort? Vandalia?
Not that far south, (if you’re from Chicagoland anything south of I-80 is considered “Southern IL”). They were from Olney, IL (well a farm about 20 minutes outside of Olney) It’s about parallel to St.Louis but in the Southeastern part of the state, closer to Indiana.

Some fun facts about Olney: it is one of the few places in the US that has a population wild albino Squirrels. Also, they used to be the home of Roadmaster bicycles.

Not that far south, (if you’re from Chicagoland anything south of I-80 is considered “Southern IL”). They were from Olney, IL (well a farm about 20 minutes outside of Olney) It’s about parallel to St.Louis but in the Southeastern part of the state, closer to Indiana.

Some fun facts about Olney: it is one of the few places in the US that has a population wild albino Squirrels. Also, they used to be the home of Roadmaster bicycles.
You have to be shitting me.
The Home Of the White Squirrel?

My Grandfather, Dr. Wendell Robinson, was the Pastor of Olney United Methodist Church.
He started in 1965 and my grandparents lived there after retirement until I was 14/15 yrs. Old.
They were in Olney for 22 years.
110 Locust Street.
I’ve eaten about 3 metric tons of Dairy Queen on form the spot on West Street.

Crazy small world.

Was thier address Olney or one of the.smaller towns near there? Clairemont, Noble, St. Marie?

You have to be shitting me.
The Home Of the White Squirrel?

My Grandfather, Dr. Wendell Robinson, was the Pastor of Olney United Methodist Church.
He started in 1965 and my grandparents lived there after retirement until I was 14/15 yrs. Old.
They were in Olney for 22 years.
110 Locust Street.
I’ve eaten about 3 metric tons of Dairy Queen on form the spot on West Street.

Crazy small world.

Was thier address Olney or one of the.smaller towns near there? Clairemont, Noble, St. Marie?
Ha! Small world indeed! We're Methodists too. I will have to ask my Mom, but I would assume she and the rest of the family were members of your grandfathers congregation.

They were technically Noble but yeah, DQ, Hovey's, The Holiday were all places we frequented often, when we made it into town.

Ha! Small world indeed! We're Methodists too. I will have to ask my Mom, but I would assume she and the rest of the family were members of your grandfathers congregation.

They were technically Noble but yeah, DQ, Hovey's, The Holiday were all places we frequented often, when we made it into town.

Crazy. Just nuts.

Yup, Talked to my mom and she said shed remembers Dr. Robinson. Also, she wanted to stress that she went to East Richland High and NOT West Richland High. Apparently, there is a big difference between the two schools.
Unbelievable.
Not sure about the rivalry - but I'm sure its full of Illinois small town history.

Unbelievable.
Not sure about the rivalry - but I'm sure its full of Illinois small town history.
Me neither but after I told her that I’d said that they lived closer to Noble than Olney she seemed very empathetic that I inform you that she went to East Richland because typically People from Noble went to West Richland but she went to East Richland which, according to her; was a better school.

new bdrmm album announced! and new single out.

All preorders atm seem to be UK based, so gonna be high shipping to states. I'll be waiting for a US release, but if you want a variant, some signed, check these links, prob more out there for UK shops:

new bdrmm album announced! and new single out.

All preorders atm seem to be UK based, so gonna be high shipping to states. I'll be waiting for a US release, but if you want a variant, some signed, check these links, prob more out there for UK shops:

It's on rough trade US.

IOD30-Quicksand-Slip-Yellow-Vinyl-1024_2000x.jpg

AL-AL-ws_300x300.png

That’s some damn stupid hippie shit right there.
I call my mom Marty as shorthand for “you’re being a weird old lady” (like when she starts telling me her weird Rube Goldbergian plans for cleaning the tall windows rather than calling me to bring a ladder and just do them).

I think it’s weirder when kids call their parents by their first names, especially when they are younger.

That’s some damn stupid hippie shit right there.
My two year old does it because he hears my stepdaughter do it. TBH it just feels too complicated to tell him why it's okay and even expected for her, but not for him. He'll figure it out.

Back