Pre-Order Thread

What's with the stigma of "fuck newbury?" what's everyone's deal with them?
yeah second this question, I mean I know they take widely available records and press them in small numbers as color variants but like... are their pressings ever any good? ever worth anything?

My reasoning for this is because of my bad experience with them and shipping cost.

I got the ...Like Clockwork red varient from them a while back. Side D was massively misaligned and they sold out so all they could give me was half credit. Later looked into it and alot of people were having this problem and just ended up with a shitting pressing of this album.

Other peoples reasoning if I remember correctly is the variant colours are sometimes not as advertised and they change it later, their product just being unique in colour and nothing else and price.

As someone from outside of the states its hard to justify buying from Newbury.

What's with the stigma of "fuck newbury?" what's everyone's deal with them?
There’s still stuff that badly needs pressed and Newbury is just dickin’ around with the 32nd Father John Misty variant. They think they’re printing money at this point but it’s basically killing the culture of collecting.

As I Canadian, not sure why this wasn't automatically added to my Amazon cart?? Well, that has been fixed, also a pretty damn good deal for some Tragically Hip on 2xLP, half speed master (or alternately a 2xLP on silver wax for same price...$25 CDN?? ummmm....

It's very odd that the silver variant doesn't appear to be the Half speed mastered version...

Reactions: MGD
As I Canadian, not sure why this wasn't automatically added to my Amazon cart?? Well, that has been fixed, also a pretty damn good deal for some Tragically Hip on 2xLP, half speed master (or alternately a 2xLP on silver wax for same price...$25 CDN?? ummmm....

lol at track one, "Grace Two"

My reasoning for this is because of my bad experience with them and shipping cost.

I got the ...Like Clockwork red varient from them a while back. Side D was massively misaligned and they sold out so all they could give me was half credit. Later looked into it and alot of people were having this problem and just ended up with a shitting pressing of this album.

Other peoples reasoning if I remember correctly is the variant colours are sometimes not as advertised and they change it later, their product just being unique in colour and nothing else and price.

As someone from outside of the states its hard to justify buying from Newbury.
I had a similar issue. They charged a stupid amount for shipping with Canada, which did not include tracking. It took a month to get here. I sent a very earnest email about the enormous amount of other shipping methods that are available that include tracking and they fully did not give a crap. I probably would've been satisfied with a minimal amount of give-a-shit.

I had a similar issue. They charged a stupid amount for shipping with Canada, which did not include tracking. It took a month to get here. I sent a very earnest email about the enormous amount of other shipping methods that are available that include tracking and they fully did not give a crap. I probably would've been satisfied with a minimal amount of give-a-shit.

hey your in vancouver too!! what up fam! lol

I literally cannot ever find a retailer in Canada selling ANYTHING.
The more I look this up the more it appears that the purple is an "indie exclusive" which GENERALLY means most brick and mortar stores will get copies. At least a few. I feel like the Beasties aren't really a big seller these days so I'm thinking this might not be that difficult to get as long as you hit up a decent sized store the day/week these come out...

The more I look this up the more it appears that the purple is an "indie exclusive" which GENERALLY means most brick and mortar stores will get copies. At least a few. I feel like the Beasties aren't really a big seller these days so I'm thinking this might not be that difficult to get as long as you hit up a decent sized store the day/week these come out...
You could call Sonic Boom and have them be annoyed with you and try to get you off the phone.

New Sturgill Simpson up for pre order here Sturgill Simpson Official Website

Can’t help but feel like there will be about a hundred different variants of this. New single sounds good too! Pretty different.

1566318594318.png

View attachment 14791
Ughhh really wish this would ship out with at least our October boxes but it says estimated in November and we all know that means the following March. Also, it is pressed at MRP unfortunately. Probably means all of the copies will be there too.

Back