Pre-Order Thread

I have read a good few biographies of the band that had focuses on the period of Geneeation Terrorists through to Richey’s disappearance/suicide in 1995. When I was 16/17 I hoovered that stuff up.

A name to focus on is Simon Price. He’s a respected UK journalist who is an huge fan of the band and has written multiple books on them. I’ve also been intending to buy and read a book written about Richey by his sister Rachel about him, his time in the band, his disappearance and the impact it had on the family.

I have read most books about the manics. What are these new ones?

View attachment 126407

@trickyseven I think you were looking for this the other day!
Thank you @Hemotep good looking out!

I have read most books about the manics. What are these new ones?

I don’t think they’re new, at least not the Simon Price ones, he’s always written about them. This is the book Richey’s sister was involved in.

Withdrawn Traces: Searching for the Truth about Richey Manic, Foreword by Rachel Edwards Amazon product ASIN 0753545349

The Menzingers/On The Impossible Past (Zia Exclusive)@Opaque Orange Color Vinyl@Limited To 300

The Menzingers

On The Impossible Past (Zia Exclusive)​

Opaque Orange Color Vinyl​

Limited To 300​

I don’t think they’re new, at least not the Simon Price ones, he’s always written about them. This is the book Richey’s sister was involved in.

Withdrawn Traces: Searching for the Truth about Richey Manic, Foreword by Rachel Edwards Amazon product ASIN 0753545349

Yes I’ve read the Simon Price books.
Didn’t know about this new one though. I thought it might be one about the Holy Bible

Yes I’ve read the Simon Price books.
Didn’t know about this new one though. I thought it might be one about the Holy Bible

The books I ordered about The Holy Bible are from 2018 and 2019, so not particularly old but not extremely new either. The one is a 33 1/3 book and the other us called Triptych: Three Studies of Manic Street Preachers' The Holy Bible

Have you read either, or both?

I was just thinking the other day “gosh the preorder thread has been pretty kind to me lately,” and now I see IT WAS MERELY A RUSE! Lulling my wallet into a false sense of security so it could strike deep at the heart of my credit card UNFETTERED by common sense or good judgment.
That's what you get for having that 2nd Pepsi you know what caffeine does to your spending habits

The books I ordered about The Holy Bible are from 2018 and 2019, so not particularly old but not extremely new either. The one is a 33 1/3 book and the other us called Triptych: Three Studies of Manic Street Preachers' The Holy Bible

Have you read either, or both?

I have the 33 1/3 but I’ve never heard of Triptych! I will order it right away. It’s either my favorite or second favorite album of all time.

Back