Pre-Order Thread

I was wondering why the price was so much cheaper than the 2018 reissue. Makes sense, though the box was pretty cool. I wound up canceling my PopMarket order for this and spent the extra money for the Gira signature, and I’d rather support the artist directly.

BTW, while this isn’t my favorite Swans album (too many ambient/found sounds pieces for my taste), this set worth it for Helpless Child alone. Fantastic track.
Agreed on all points. I prefer great annihilator, it's much more concise. Although I do like the cinematic scope of sftb. Swans are dead is a good midway point IMHO

And there it is for the people waiting for the Young God announcement:

PXL_20210929_190628942.PORTRAIT_2_grande.jpg
I kind of hate that now I don't even want or need this. But me from 5-6 years ago would be losing their mind at this being in print. I was a huge Swans fan but have moved away from them now.

It does have one of my favorite Swans songs on it

I kind of hate that now I don't even want or need this. But me from 5-6 years ago would be losing their mind at this being in print. I was a huge Swans fan but have moved away from them now.

It does have one of my favorite Swans songs on it

i am on the same boat as you, but soundtracks for me remains a spooky, sinister ride to me that very few albums can replicate to the same extent. i have the boxset from 2018 and i am very glad i still own it, could not part with it. my fav track is “Minus something”, the monologue sampled there is such an intriguing part of the record for me. as well as the one in “i was a prisoner in your skull”, but that one slightly terrifies me bc i still dont know how it could be a real-life conversation

Anyone wanna guess on the price for this?

$1

But probably $100-$120

i am on the same boat as you, but soundtracks for me remains a spooky, sinister ride to me that very few albums can replicate to the same extent. i have the boxset from 2018 and i am very glad i still own it, could not part with it. my fav track is “Minus something”, the monologue sampled there is such an intriguing part of the record for me. as well as the one in “i was a prisoner in your skull”, but that one slightly terrifies me bc i still dont know how it could be a real-life conversation
there was a 2018 pressing? I must have totally missed that lol

Revisiting it now a little bit and I remember being blown away with a few of the post-rockier songs like The Sound or The Final Sacrifice since they sounded so much like GY!BE

While it's such a cool set, I'm just hoping for a standard 2LP repress of it along the lines of what People's Instinctive Travels and the Paths of Rhythm got for its 25th Anniversary.

Band I like vs. humbug isn’t a battle I enjoy, but here we are again.

Back