Pre-Order Thread

Also there's something lost when I cant spend an hour or four flipping through the physical media while the employee selection of the hour gets spun over the stores soundsystem.

Clicking through the offerings online is just lacking.

I look forward to resuming that on my lunch hour when I’m back in the office full time. One of the few things I’m looking forward to about having to do that! The last year I’ve been pre ordering online and just popping into the store to pick up and have a quick chat because going all the way into the city was a pain during a pandemic.

LPX3_300x300.png

Thanks I missed the store exclusive 😁

Also there's something lost when I cant spend an hour or four flipping through the physical media while the employee selection of the hour gets spun over the stores soundsystem.

When I still worked across the street from my local there were days I would browse unnecessarily after I was done doing the browsing I went to do simply to keep listening to what was playing in the store, depending on who was picking the tunes and what mood they were in.

When I still worked across the street from my local there were days I would browse unnecessarily after I was done doing the browsing I went to do simply to keep listening to what was playing in the store, depending on who was picking the tunes and what mood they were in.
I stumbled across the War on Drugs and Pig Destroyer that way.

I have two copies of it already hah. I really love this album. I have an older pressing and then I bought one of those knitting factory Fela box sets that has this in it. I'm sure this will be available somewhere stateside for around $25.
It should be everywhere now, I've had it preordered on amazon 8/25

Fela Live With Ginger Baker Amazon product ASIN B09C4GK3KG

Last edited:

Pre-COVID my local had free beer on tap at all times (like just a kegerator in the corner of the store) - it was usually shitty beer like Blatz, but still. I spent a lot of time just poking around, beer in hand, listening to and learning about new music.

I still browse from time to time, but lingering these days seems like a bad idea.

Good news! The Walkmen's Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone has been re-pressed. Copies of the last press (2015) have been selling for as much as $125 on Discogs.

Good news! The Walkmen's Everyone Who Pretended to Like Me is Gone has been re-pressed. Copies of the last press (2015) have been selling for as much as $125 on Discogs.

Do I hold tight and see if it becomes widely available elsewhere for cheaper or do I just bite the bullet and grab it now to ensure I get a copy?
🤔 🤔 🤔

Preorders went live on the weekend for Super Mario Galaxy inspired OST. Looks great, label is starting also.

Also, since when did Bow and Arrows go oop? That used to be everywhere for like $12. I never bought it since I didn’t hear great things about the pressing. That could use a reissue for sure.

Thank you for posting! Long time on my want list. So excited!

THANK YOU!!

Now they just need to reissue A Hundred Miles Off and we’re set!

Back