Pre-Order Thread

the last two reissues they did of Bon Iver's were both big upgrades over the first issues. For Emma was WAY better and pressed at RTI. Plus this one has to be recut for vinyl because it's on 2 discs instead of 1. doesn't ensure a total remaster, but i'd wager it sounds better based on the last two.

I think im just in a mood bc im still recovering from PRK surgery , idk why im even commenting on this, I can barely see the screen haha

But i think the better joke is that this comes with an essay by Phoebe Bridgers? lol because of fucking course it does. How could one release an indie album in 2021 without

1629131758522.png

I think im just in a mood bc im still recovering from PRK surgery , idk why im even commenting on this, I can barely see the screen haha

But i think the better joke is that this comes with an essay by Phoebe Bridgers? lol because of fucking course it does. How could one release an indie album in 2021 without
Hey man, you okay?

Screenshot_20210816-125808.png

Hmm, a simple search after yet another such comment? Just wondering why she specifically seems to evoke such a reaction from you.

Every few years an artist comes along that seems to get attached to random projects all over the place that I'm not super impressed with. I don't even think I said much about about her prior to the SNL thing (which I didn't even hate, go back and read the tweet I quoted- it was saying we needed MORE theatrics in performances of rock and roll) so calm down Phoebe Patrol I'm not on an agenda.

I have the initial press of For Emma done by Kevin Gray at RTI and it's definitely a good pressing (they did a repress later that year using a different engineer). The second LP I think is bad across the board, so I'm happy about a potential remaster here. The Blood Bank reissue was a huge improvement.
Yup, I’ve got this one as well and agree, It sounds fine. I think later pressings are not as good like you said. Beyond that I don’t think the initial recordings made at a cabin in Wisconsin wilderness necessarily lends itself to anything beyond a Lo-Fi sound.

Phoebe Patrol
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Every few years an artist comes along that seems to get attached to random projects all over the place that I'm not super impressed with. I don't even think I said much about about her prior to the SNL thing (which I didn't even hate, go back and read the tweet I quoted- it was saying we needed MORE theatrics in performances of rock and roll) so calm down Phoebe Patrol I'm not on an agenda.
okay

I'm very excited to see Phoebe live for the first time at P4K in a few weeks.
The first time I went to see her she thought I was her Uber because I got to the bar way too early. It was awkward for both of us.

She is also a very tiny human so be sure there aren’t tall people in front of you.

Back