Pre-Order Thread

It was a movement more than a style or sub-genre. A bucking of the Nashville system in general. Hell Sturgill is in Nashville but would 100% fit into the outlaw mode.

it has become a marketing tool though.

Any movement against the system will eventually be copied and/or co-opted by the system.

That's cool. $20 for shipping on a single LP is still steep and they should replace a damaged record regardless of shipping price.

Meanwhile here I am only 75 miles away and thinking $20 sounds decent compared to the usual $25. 😂

...which isn't to say it's not steep. It definitely is. Wild what a difference a few miles and an imaginary line can make, though.

View attachment 107121

Both the standard version and yellow are already sold out on Billy’s site…

Hopefully there will be more distribution 😬

I was looking forward to hearing those both, since they are top ten songs, but they're abominations. Bruce's piano is a decent take, but his singing really made me feel the pain. And my ears hate me for listening to that whole cover of Fast Car.

I don't know wtf rolling stone is on about with "with Hornsby’s piano replicating J. Mascis’ riff before spiraling off melodically." because there is nothing melodic about this take. it's jarring, atonal as fuck and he sings like an amputee.

I don't recall seeing this posted here. Would be nice to see a tracklist--oh wait, found it here! (Maybe a Genesis expert can chime in re: which albums this covers, but I assume it's all post-Gabriel.)

Amazon product ASIN B09BCGQVYT
there's a few gabriel-era songs -- lamb lies down on broadway, carpet crawlers, i think frith of fifth was on there too? -- but given that the rest of it is all collins-era, i would bet that it's live versions with collins singing the gabriel songs. seconds out and then there were three, for example

and he sings like an amputee
For some reason I read that as "he sings like a MANATEE" which actually makes more sense
Manatee-xl-600x404.jpg

71C3DAF7-A073-49C1-8792-192344CB0A7B.jpeg

Pre Order Smashing Pumpkins Live At the Viper room 98' on vinyl
exclusively at Madame ZuZu's July 31st at 12pm central time!
“On January 15th 1998 Billy Corgan and James Iha played two acoustic solo performances at THE VIPER ROOM in Los Angeles. Billy performed new songs that would later be released on The Smashing Pumpkins 4th studio album, ‘Adore’ and James played songs that would later be released on his debut Solo Album 'Let it come down’! “

Count downs can’t be good….https://madamezuzus.com/

Back