Pre-Order Thread

Maybe there will be other variants, or perhaps VMP.
Maybe VMP, but I think it's a bit odd that only his store is selling it right now. I know distribution of "Home" was pretty limited to local stores and wasn't really widely available, but he's much bigger now. Both "Turmoil" and "Home" had one variant each directly from Billy's store which were much more limited (100 each, I think). I wonder if they prefer to do things themselves, since even the "Turmoil" repress is seemingly only available on the store, too.

Maybe VMP, but I think it's a bit odd that only his store is selling it right now. I know distribution of "Home" was pretty limited to local stores and wasn't really widely available, but he's much bigger now. Both "Turmoil" and "Home" had one variant each directly from Billy's store which were much more limited (100 each, I think). I wonder if they prefer to do things themselves, since even the "Turmoil" repress is seemingly only available on the store, too.
I'm sure it will be widely distributed. It just went live on his website at midnight, so I'm sure in time other retailers will have it up.

I'm sorry but a NOW THATS WHAT I CALL OUTLAW COUNTRY is so hilariously ironic that it's almost satire
Why’s that? I am missing the irony “Outlaw County” isn’t any different than any other Genre/Style specific Now That’s What I Call… music comp. Willie Nelson would sell the naming rights to his braids if someone paid him enough $$$.

I'm sure it will be widely distributed. It just went live on his website at midnight, so I'm sure in time other retailers will have it up.
I agree, I'm just going off of his previous releases. Also found it interesting that you weren't allowed to order more than one of either the standard black or yellow variant, in the spirit of allowing everyone who wants one to order one. Good on them for limiting the flipping as much as they can.

The single is sick

Last edited:
Why’s that? I am missing the irony “Outlaw County” isn’t any different than any other Genre/Style specific Now That’s What I Call… music comp. Willie Nelson would sell the naming rights to his braids if someone paid him enough $$$.

I think just because idea of Outlaw Country was a divergence from the bundled and hyped single sound industry product, so here's a comp under the most industry hype bundle brand ever.

I'm sure it's a great comp, I just don't think Hank done it this way

The single is sick

I could have sworn Atone was on Degredation Trip but it appears I'm wrong. Maybe it's been kicking around a while and I heard it on a bootleg or something.

I think just because idea of Outlaw Country was a divergence from the bundled and hyped single sound industry product, so here's a comp under the most industry hype bundle brand ever.

I'm sure it's a great comp, I just don't think Hank done it this way
Yeah, I guess I always looked at “Outlaw Country” more as a style or sub-genre of music than a business model but I guess part of that sound was a bit of a middle finger to the Nashville scene and maybe a bit of the punk style anti-corporate aesthetic is in play with that. though Dreaming My Dreams was still recorded in Nashville and released on RCA so it’s probably a bit performative.

Please donate to my Kickstarter to rename Willie’s braids “The Hatbird Connection” we have a variety of no gifts for every giving level.

Surprise new album announcement from Fotocrime! Heart of Crime releases next month on Profound Lore.

US:

EU:

Yeah, I guess I always looked at “Outlaw Country” more as a style or sub-genre of music than a business model but I guess part of that sound was a bit of a middle finger to the Nashville scene and maybe a bit of the punk style anti-corporate aesthetic is in play with that. though Dreaming My Dreams was still recorded in Nashville and released on RCA so it’s probably a bit performative.
It was a movement more than a style or sub-genre. A bucking of the Nashville system in general. Hell Sturgill is in Nashville but would 100% fit into the outlaw mode.

it has become a marketing tool though.

Back