Pre-Order Thread

WOD appeared in one of the locals (tower records) on blue for €45 which is €5 cheaper than all the online places. They’re not my favourite and are usually the most expensive in town so hoping the store I prefer puts the pre order up tomorrow for a euro or two less again. Still a stupid price but can’t grumble too much at cheaper!

Don’t understand the cover hate. Screams Dad rock and seems apropos to me. Also assume triangle thing is a hype sticker
Hope so, because it looks like a hype sticker. A terribly designed one at that. If it ends up not being a hype sticker, then will you understand the hate?

Dad rock doesn’t have to be synonymous with poor taste (design wise). Look no further than the cover art for Sob Rock. Obviously created in jest.

Hope so, because it looks like a hype sticker. A terribly designed one at that. If it ends up not being a hype sticker, then will you understand the hate?

Dad rock doesn’t have to be synonymous with poor taste (design wise). Look no further than the cover art for Sob Rock. Obviously created in jest.
I mean it would certainly make it a lesser cover, without it though, I can see Jeff Tweedy saying, “well, shit, why I hadn’t I already done that.”

New Vince Staples limited pressing. Appears to be /2000, and around 800 left.

This was posted over in the Hip Hop thread, but I'm guessing there are some folks here who don't check that regularly and might be interested:

Last edited:

Legit question here: Does Newbury have their own pressing plant?

At at time when I'm getting notices on many of my pre-orders that they have been delayed, some by several months, how does Newbury continually have 3-4 new exclusive pressings to advertise every other week?

New Vince Staples limited pressing. Appears to be /2000, and around 800 left.

This was posted over in the Hip Hop thread, but I'm guessing there are some folks here who don't check that regularly and might be interested:

Thank you very much!

Legit question here: Does Newbury have their own pressing plant?

At at time when I'm getting notices on many of my pre-orders that they have been delayed, some by several months, how does Newbury continually have 3-4 new exclusive pressings to advertise every other week?
Great question, especially given the small numbers being pressed. Do they pay a premium to plants to have priority on their presses? Could a reason why their variants cost on average $10 more than others?

1626789078275.png

Back